IGI2: Covert Strike

What do think of IGI2:Covert Strike  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What do think of IGI2:Covert Strike

• Love it.
    • It's OK.
    • Hate it.

Personally, I like the game very much. Although, it is a bit quirky. The mouse control seems to be FUBAR. Kind of like the mouse is stuck in a box... very jerky.

Also, it keprt crashing to the desktop, until I turned off EAX and switched to Miles3D. :(

Still, though, very entertaining....

major disapointment.

gameplay is pretty boring.

they tried to mix stealth with action and it really didn't work out.

story sucks too.

pigi1 was much better at it's time.

the only half-decent good thing about this game is multiplayer...but with this game multiplayer doesn't save this game from failure.

What is REALLY good about it????

graphics? did they ever heard of gFX engine purchasing? like err Unreal Warfare? why use that crappy engine? did you play Splinter cell? you will be MAJOR difference...

gameplay? did you see the guns? AI? umm physics rules of bullet movement? didnt they ever knew that a gun is not a sniper? how the heck you can shot and KILL them from like 200meters away?

sounds? i dont know.. nothing spectacular...

music? is there any music at all?

oh and what the hell they did do to the game? why did i enjoy IGI1 so much? and where is that chick that contacts me? im ******ed :mad:

Score: 5/10

Try Splinter Cell.. AMAZING game.

EDIT: P-ISSE-D is censored? wtf? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

the game blew, i played first 10 mins i was like WTF. Holding guns and stuff just don't seem right, models for guns were gay, sounds effects were, the overall gameplay was dumb and i never got into the story. The first one was better than this... at least i though anyhow.

Yikes! Well, I do like the game. Not much thought involved, but it's fun for a brainless shooter. Although I agree that the first one was better, even though the mid mission save feature was missing.

Also, i did try Splinter Cell. While I can appriciate the good (albeit confined) graphics, it's an obvious console port. ... in the end, I didn't like it.

splinter cell will not handle huge outdoor levels that are in pigi2.

each engine has it's own advantage.

all i can say is LOL! wtf are you talking about? so because igi2 'handles' outdoor areas much better (IN FPS I BET) than splinter cell can so its ok to have such crappy game?

IGI2 is BELOW decent game.. from graphics, sound, music and most important AI and bullet physics.

and check gamspot scores...

IGI2 ... 5.6 (GFX - 5, sound - 6, gameplay - 6)

Splinter Cell... 8.7 (GFX, Sound, Gameplay ALL 9/10)

there some 'pro' opinion if you dont really accept a gamer opinion ;)

If you want to quote gaming reviews the we also have game extreme and gameplanet both giving it a 90%.

looks to me that each person has their opinion be it right or wrong in their mind. Me I love the game...bullet physics are authentic (played more than a hundred hours so I get a good feel for these things)

AI is a bit on the 'could be better' side though do get better on the harder levels.

Graphics are good on my machine but any more intensive and their could be problems with the game engine.

Plus it has Multiplayer capabilities and regular map updates, and more replayability in general.

I guess its each to their own ;)

all i can say is LOL! wtf are you talking about? so because igi2 'handles' outdoor areas much better (IN FPS I BET) than splinter cell can so its ok to have such crappy game?

i did not say that.

you said that splinter cell engine is much better(implied better in everything). i said that splinter cell engine can not handle huge outdoor levels that are in pigi2.

yes gameplay and sound are pretty bad in pigi2. but as far as i know the only game that has larger landscapes are Operation Flashpoint(also based on flight sim engine like pigi2) and Tribes2.

IGI2 is BELOW decent game.. from graphics, sound, music and most important AI and bullet physics.

You're checking GameSpot for accurate scores? :blink:

You're checking GameSpot for accurate scores? :blink:

actually... yes. they are more professional that most game sites reviews, and most of the times their marks are almost the same as i might give. the only game i was disappointed about it was Hitman47 (1st one) - which they fixed in hitman2.

UPDATE: Well, I'm still playing this game and have to say that I like it better and better each mission.

Does it have problems, yes. Is it easy?.. Yes. Simply put, it's a great diversion from the other games I play. Hey... sometimes I just want to play a FPS without all the puzzles.

I feel the same way about his game as I do about Soldier of Fortune 2...