Photo

ATi Windows 7 Preview drivers.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Digitalx

Digitalx

Antz007x

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:57

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not but stumbled upon them, haven't got round to trying them yet.

737-39069: ATI Catalyst Windows 7 Preview Driver Package

The information in this article applies to the following configuration(s):

* Radeon™ HD 4000 Series
* Radeon™ HD 3000 Series
* Radeon™ HD 2000 Series
* Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series
* Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series
* Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series
* AMD 780G
* AMD 780V
* AMD 790GX
* Windows 7

ATI Catalyst Windows 7 preview driver package - includes the Windows 7 driver, and the ATI Catalyst Control Center (with limited feature support).

To download the Catalyst Windows 7 Preview Driver , please click on the links below:

Catalyst 32-bit Windows 7 Preview Driver
Catalyst 64-bit Windows 7 Preview Driver

To view the release notes for the Catalyst Windows 7 Preview Driver, please click the link below:

Catalyst Windows 7 Preview Driver Release Notes

Note: This driver is provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed full AMD testing.

http://support.ati.c...uestionID=39069

#2 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:02

looks like they are learning from the whole vista driver debacle and are testing earlier. Hopefully nvidia follows suit.

#3 Typhoon87

Typhoon87

Neowinian

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:04

ATI had better launch drivers than Nvidia did,

#4 jjrambo

jjrambo

Neowinian

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:05

ATI had better launch drivers than Nvidia did,

But crappy hardware and now that they have HD4870 the picture in driver department is different.
http://www.fudzilla....c...59&Itemid=1

#5 Hurmoth

Hurmoth

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:08

But crappy hardware and now that they have HD4870 the picture in driver department is different.
http://www.fudzilla....c...59&Itemid=1

What exactly does that have to do with nVidia's poor driver support at Vista's launch? Those drivers aren't for Windows 7 now are they?

#6 jjrambo

jjrambo

Neowinian

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:12

What exactly does that have to do with nVidia's poor driver support at Vista's launch? Those drivers aren't for Windows 7 now are they?

Nvidia drivers at Vista's lunch were perfectly good here Forceware as well as NForce. I didn't have major problem on it, nor it caused Vista instability and BSOD. Performace wasn't up to standards but that came later with newer releases which is understandable. Nforce and Forceware are top notch now. I can see only ATI users are screaming about not having proper crossfire support for example for newer games etc.

#7 Ci7

Ci7

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Sony XZ

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:16

Nvidia drivers at Vista's lunch were perfectly good here Forceware as well as NForce. I didn't have major problem on it, nor it caused Vista instability and BSOD. Performace wasn't up to standards but that came later with newer releases which is understandable. Nforce and Forceware are top notch now. I can see only ATI users are screaming about not having proper crossfire support for example for newer games etc.

are you day dreaming ?

they are crap !

they keep crushing the windows with a little nice bsod !

#8 jjrambo

jjrambo

Neowinian

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:18

are you day dreaming ?

they are crap !

they keep crushing the windows with a little nice bsod !

Not here buddy. I say problem is between chair and keyboard. I wish i know what the heck people are doing with their system, and how they manage to get BSOD because i didn't get that since Windows 98, not counting BSOD i get when i do overclocking for myself and other people caused by not having enough voltage or inproper memory timings.

#9 Ci7

Ci7

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:41

Not here buddy. I say problem is between chair and keyboard. I wish i know what the heck people are doing with their system, and how they manage to get BSOD because i didn't get that since Windows 98, not counting BSOD i get when i do overclocking for myself and other people caused by not having enough voltage or inproper memory timings.

no no no !

since when have you been using vista ?

i was using it since the very beginning

for you knowlodage there driver were very buggy and crush the computer , forceware series 100.xx which was supposed to be proper driver for vista WHQL or whatever they call em and there was nothing overclocked (if you can get those set of driver try them and tell me who many crush you had)

not mentioning all those odd "the driver has crushed and has been recovered "

there driver became really stable with forceware ~160.xx and that what like five/six month after vista release ?

#10 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:45

LOL my 7600gs could hardly play cs:s when vista was first released. Later when they got better fps was on par with xp. their launch drivers were awful.

#11 hjf288

hjf288

Korean Crazy Man!

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:55

This guy must be smoking crack..

The amount of issues early nVidia drivers had with "Display driver has stopped responding" was ridiculous at launch..

#12 OP Digitalx

Digitalx

Antz007x

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:17

ATi have been very smooth with their drivers for most part since 6.x specially during vista development.

nvidia did have hard time during that period though.

http://arstechnica.c...70206-8784.html

http://forum.osnn.ne...ead.php?t=84041

etc etc etc

#13 jamesVault

jamesVault

Neowinian

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:38

looks like they are learning from the whole vista driver debacle and are testing earlier.

:no:
there's nothing new in that, because both ATI and NVIDIA released beta/preview drivers for Vista since the early beta builds.

#14 Ci7

Ci7

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:56

:no:
there's nothing new in that, because both ATI and NVIDIA released beta/preview drivers for Vista since the early beta builds.

except that they were crappy drivers

#15 OP Digitalx

Digitalx

Antz007x

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:57

they're still available publicly to anyone who wants to see and compare ati's pre-release/beta/preview drivers for vista and nvidias.