Anyone want a QUAKE LIVE invite?

Yer played he practice game numerous times now :( As mentioned it is a beta though. Lot less hassle than the BF:Heroes one though :)

I got it working.

Absolutely amazing .. its like playing Quake 3 back when it was first out.

FAST and intense.

I installed it in IE, and it worked.

I have no idea why its not working in Firefox, however .. I have to say I didn't get any invites for friends. :(

Right, I've got FIVE MORE invites (for no bloody reason lol), if anyone wants one, PM ME!

I recommend doing it in the next hour or so as I'm off to bed soon.

That is not my concern. My concern is playing a seriously old game re bottled, not sure if it's going to be fun.

What? Are you old graphics phobic or something? Out dated or not, Quake 3 is f**king fun. Download the Quake3Arena demo and join the Camping Server. You'll never have more deathmatch fun in your life. Out dated means nothing but a little ugly, and the engine has even been improved a little bit from the looks of it through vids. The models for sure blow away that of the original Quake3.

Loads of people still play CS 1.6. Take that as an example of how an old game can still be fun. I still even play Halo PC, whats wrong with that?

If you guys need more invites, I can't seem to login right now (seems down?) but I'll check how many invites I got.

Thanks in advance, is it a code or do you send one by email?

What? Are you old graphics phobic or something? Out dated or not, Quake 3 is f**king fun. Download the Quake3Arena demo and join the Camping Server. You'll never have more deathmatch fun in your life. Out dated means nothing but a little ugly, and the engine has even been improved a little bit from the looks of it through vids. The models for sure blow away that of the original Quake3.

Loads of people still play CS 1.6. Take that as an example of how an old game can still be fun. I still even play Halo PC, whats wrong with that?

Whoa, settle down there tiger.

Quake 3 was and is an average hyper-shooter which only had its looks going for it back in the good old day, in my opinion. I am just afraid that when you take away the looks all you are left with is a pretty meh shooter. And don't lecture me on games, specially not with you being 14 years old, I played games before you were even born.

umm, call of duty 5 or 4 1/2, which ever world at war, along with 4, both using q3 engine. q3 is da shiznit man!

Well the engine used for COD4 is based on the COD2 engine, which way way back was slightly based on the Q3 engine.

But no, COD4 isn't really based on the Q3 engine at all, maybe it has some old similar code from COD2.