Diskeeper.Server.v7.0.428 and 2003 Server

I can?t get diskeeper to work in Windows Server 2003. And the integrated lite version of diskeeper stops working at the same time. Any soulotion to this problem ?

The Server version, Professional will of course not work on a server. But the server version works fine - its even better than diskeeper !

some people, especially administrators running company servers, need something better than the basic defragmenter included in windows. i agree it does an ok job, but it has very few options.

Why not just use the Defrag util that comes with Windows? Works fine on all versions...

sometimes admins (like me!) like to schedule defrags on certain machines at certain off-hours, for example, a CAD workstation or a file/print server. Third-party defrag tools let you do that. You can schedule defrags with the built in one, but other packages give you better validation, logging, etc.

Diskeeper 7 server works great in Windows server 2003. No apparant problems, apart from you must install the latest version.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got both..I think Diskeeper has better option for unattended defrag...But trying to push an install to another 2003 machine fails..this is using the latest 7.0.428 build of diskeeper. O&O Defrag works just as well though..just seems to have less options is all. I'm using it now for the sole purpose that it works great with 2003 and my XP machines.