Lutheran school can expel lesbian students, court rules

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,316 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:59

Umm, ya.... this is a disturbing picture.... Not the girls so much, but that "Lesbians get me off" is so clearly directed at these WELL underage girls (11ish maybe?) Ya... not cool.

You need to learn how to judge age better. Take a look at their facial structures; cheekbones, nose, eyes; those girls are easily around 18ish.

#32 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,478 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:23

That analogy doesn't entirely work: you can't choose whether you are gay either. Yet you can still choose whether you go to a white's only school, if you're black.

And whether or not something is the majority, especially based on aspects of a person you can't change, makes little difference. If 99% of the world was white, it wouldn't justify segregation.

Note, I am not that strongly against the school's actions - however, I will always play devil's advocate to arguments I don't feel have been entirely thought through.

Well in this case it's not about them being lesbian if they in fact were. I think it's more about the fact that they were kissing and professing their love to each other in front of their friends that got them in trouble. Fine by me if they're homosexual, but the case here is that they got caught breaking a contract. If you want to be intimate with your lover that's all good in well but according to what they agreed to when they first started going there they broke those rules. They shouldn't have been doing whatever it was they were doing in front of their friends.

#33 RAID 0

RAID 0

iCame

• 5,781 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:17

To the people syaing how wrong the school is....

How about the NAACP starts fighting for the rights of ALL PEOPLE, not just blacks? The United Negro College Fund... they don't give money to poor people of any other color... but black. As a man, why can't I join an all women's health club? I mean, all the examples I just gave are examples of how unfair the world is. Get over it. Stop crying.

#34 Black Flash

Black Flash

African-Neowinian

• 2,244 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:15

To the people syaing how wrong the school is....

How about the NAACP starts fighting for the rights of ALL PEOPLE, not just blacks? The United Negro College Fund... they don't give money to poor people of any other color... but black. As a man, why can't I join an all women's health club? I mean, all the examples I just gave are examples of how unfair the world is. Get over it. Stop crying.

:laugh:

It's not unfair though, I have no problem with anyone starting an exclusive club that excludes me for some reason, It's a private organization so their within their rights to keep students out of school for whatever reason they feel is right. There has to be plenty of other schools out there.

#35 CelticWhisper

CelticWhisper

We've met before, haven't we?

• 1,946 posts
  • Location: Your house. As a matter of fact, I'm there right now.

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:24

The major point I can see here is whether any of this conduct took place on school grounds. If the girls acted out while at school during school hours, then I can see this decision as justified.

If, however, this is based entirely on out-of-school conduct, then this is hugely troubling as it represents a grievous and unjust extension of a school's authority to out-of-school activities as well. It's effectively allowing this institution to control people's lives (something christians just loooooooove doing, I know). In that case, this school needs to be slapped down HARD

The major point I can see here is whether any of this conduct took place on school grounds. If the girls acted out while at school during school hours, then I can see this decision as justified.

If, however, this is based entirely on out-of-school conduct, then this is hugely troubling as it represents a grievous and unjust extension of a school's authority to out-of-school activities as well. It's effectively allowing this institution to control people's lives (something christians just loooooooove doing, I know). In that case, this school needs to be slapped down HARD, with major financial sanctions imposed on it and some serious legal precedent declared.

#36 Lord Ba'al

Lord Ba'al

Brain user

• 2,649 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:49

You need to learn how to judge age better. Take a look at their facial structures; cheekbones, nose, eyes; those girls are easily around 18ish.

Yes, certainly. I guess he's just got no experience in that regards :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!