what do you like in games?

Im making a semi reslistic game set in the near future and ive been running dry on ideas. Ive started the coding on adding GTA3 like pedestrians to the game which is quite a unique feature in a first person shooter. But Id still like input on what I could add that would make my game stand out more than the others. The game website is www.yoshiware.com

Wow, you really made that?! That is intensely awesome. You should work for a company dude. Im sure they could get you over that hump. Your graphics are Counterstrike-aged looking, but considering you did that all solo, thats ****ing awesome. I wish I could do that!

Anyway, the GTA3 style ped's is a good idea. Also, maybe a vehicle or something. Thats always something that I have been looking for in a good FPS. If someone could get in a car and just plow everyone down, that would be good times. :laugh:

I'm impressed! keep up the good work. I got a tip for you in your development..if you can, if it's feasable, use many shadows, and use pixel shaded water and stuff- oh yeah, and bumpmap everything!! and.. and ..don't forget per pixel lighting, and use lots and lots of vertex shaders!!!! oops. got carried away :blush: anyway- I like the way your game looks and how it is coming along. Best Wishes!! :)

Well i didnt do it all solo, if you notice on the webpage it say a q2 recoding. Which explains the half life aged graphics, Im more of a AI/physics coder than graphics. Ive redone alot of their code to run faster. Pings are lower than the normal q2 engine but since all the dedicated servers are on cable, you dont really notice it. Ive never gotten into the GL coding, which is what I plan on doing once the basic game is in place and we have a decent amount of regular players. We have plans for decals soon, When I finish it should be slightly better than HL. hopefully

excelent man. great idea.

for me the best FPS is duke nukem 3d. i still play it!. The thing that i love in this game is the interact with the scene, i mean. if you enter the movie theather you can see a part of a movie, if you go to the bar there are table dancers and if you give them money they will strip. you can even sing "born to be wild" in the karaoke place.

what i mean is the detail of the stage (not in graphics) but in the interaction,

I know that this are little things, but, for me are the little things that make a game bigger.