Strike Force (2003) Pictures

,Apr 28 2003, 02:12] it looks good, but thats it, its not attractive in my eyes, IMO

Did you look at the gun model? :blink:

This is barely even in development, too... They've got until September/November of this year. That HUD is only temporary, too.

it does look cool ! ... cant wait for Trouper's either ! .. and Galatic BattleField !

Yeah, there are so many good mods coming out for UT2003 it's not even funny!

Strike Force sucks.

they try to achive CS for UT but it doesn't work becuase they kept movement code from UT which is insanely fast for realistic shooter.

i fear same fate will await this mod.

Strike Force sucks.

they try to achive CS for UT but it doesn't work becuase they kept movement code from UT which is insanely fast for realistic shooter.

Dude, of all things, movement speed? It's not that big of a deal when you put your priorities in order. And, it hardly makes Strike Force "suck".

Edited by Scorpio

i must admit i didn't rate strike force when it 1st came out because i always compaired it to CS, it was obviously trying to achieve the same kind of mod as CS but for UT (I always saw it as a kind of "Action CS"). But saying that as a distraction from CS it wasn't bad, it was fun as an alternative but in a battle between the 2 CS always came tops for me, maybe the new one will be better although i didn't really see much improvement between UT and UT2003 (in gameplay that is) so i'm not really expecting much, the engine seemed to be the main downfall of the 1st Strike force and if there's little changed on that side of things it may dissapoint. I hope i'm proved wrong :)

Strike Force sucks.

Dude, of all things, movement speed? It's not that big of a deal when you put your priorities in order. And, it hardly makes Strike Force "suck".

why do you think HL engine is so popular?

among many things, it's becuase "default" movement code is very "realistic". in HL ppl run/jump/walk at realistic speeds comparing to related size of the lvl and player model.

in UT/UT2k3 players move at like 50mph and jump 7' in the air. it's very hard to tweak these values to make them "realistic".

very few UT mods were able to achieve this.

having realistic weapons and damage model+UT movement speed=teh suck ;)

OMG...Strike Force is nothing like Counter Strike. I don't get where some of you guys keep comparing the two. It's like apples and oranges. They are both fruit, but different kinds. I have played CS, Strike Force, AND Tactical Ops extensively and Strike Force is totally different. They are both anti-terrorist mods and the similarities stop there. CS is more run and gun where as SF is slower and more methodical. Note: I am NOT saying CS can not be played slow and methodical, but in my experience most players go off Rambo style unless you are playing with a clan. This is more difficult to do in SF because the movement speed is purposefully slower. Tactical Ops is more like CS than Strike Force is.

among many things, it's becuase "default" movement code is very "realistic". in HL ppl run/jump/walk at realistic speeds comparing to related size of the lvl and player model.

in UT/UT2k3 players move at like 50mph and jump 7' in the air. it's very hard to tweak these values to make them "realistic".

Have you even played Strike Force? The speed is nothing like it is in UT/UT2k3 and movement speed is very easy to change in an Unreal mod. Infiltration for UT? That's even slower. Please don't give false information in defense of your favored mod unless you are danged sure you have the correct info.

OMG...Strike Force is nothing like Counter Strike. I don't get where some of you guys keep comparing the two. It's like apples and oranges. They are both fruit, but different kinds. I have played CS, Strike Force, AND Tactical Ops extensively and Strike Force is totally different. They are both anti-terrorist mods and the similarities stop there. CS is more run and gun where as SF is slower and more methodical. Note: I am NOT saying CS can not be played slow and methodical, but in my experience most players go off Rambo style unless you are playing with a clan. This is more difficult to do in SF because the movement speed is purposefully slower. Tactical Ops is more like CS than Strike Force is.

Have you even played Strike Force? The speed is nothing like it is in UT/UT2k3 and movement speed is very easy to change in an Unreal mod. Infiltration for UT? That's even slower. Please don't give false information in defense of your favored mod unless you are danged sure you have the correct info.

I was going to say something along those lines, thanks for helping me :)

BiohaZard Zero -- NOT AT ALL.

what my favored mod?! you don't even know what games i play so stfu about it!

last time i played cs was when steam2.0 was released and before that when cs1.4 was released so cs is far from my favorite game.

i don't need to defend anything. i'm saying how the things are.

yes Inf is slower and it's one of very few UT mods that have good movement code, hense gameplay is alot better.

SF and to some degree TC have absolutly ****ty movement code which translates into ****ty gameplay dynamics.

what my favored mod?! you don't even know what games i play so stfu about it!

last time i played cs was when steam2.0 was released and before that when cs1.4 was released so cs is far from my favorite game.

i don't need to defend anything. i'm saying how the things are.

yes Inf is slower and it's one of very few UT mods that have good movement code, hense gameplay is alot better.

SF and to some degree TC have absolutly ****ty movement code which translates into ****ty gameplay dynamics.

Yes, because we all know how fast you go ruins FPS games. ;)

Dude, don't stress over it. Someone doesn't agree with you. Not the end of the world :)

thinking differently and saying i'm wrong are 2 totaly different things

Or, how about this (it's a lofty concept, try to comprehend): your definition of "realistic" and ours our two completely different things. Maybe I'm just going way off base there, though :rolleyes: Anyways, I just went back and played Strike Force, Tactical Ops, and America's Army. I'd have to say that Strike Force doesn't have that overexaggerated of a jump/walk/run. And, please, get over it. It's a freaking jump we're talking about! Don't get PMS over a jumping and running speed.

i stick with what i said, i felt that strike force felt like i was playing in treacle, i can see what Mxxcon is getting at, although i don't think the speed was the issue but i can't quite put my finger on what it was that was wrong with it, it just didn't feel right, almost forced.

I think CS has turned into a more of a run & gun game as Darkwolven Said but it shouldn't be, i think the fact that most servers run all the same standard maps Aztec, dust, dust 2 etc, and so many people know those maps like the back of their hand that the tactical\stealthy side of it has gone out of the window, which is why i would probably reffer back to strike force because i don't know the maps so well and it's more of a challenge because in CS now-a-days you know that you need to get to X as quickly as possible so you can shoot at Y resulting in the other team comming from Z, /me yawns

btw CS still 0wns strike force :p lol