Generals problem

One of my friends plays generals....But for some reasons, it just goes back to desktop with a error saying it could be memory, miniminum requirements, or overhead hardware...

I wonder why...My thoughts are that it does that when it reaches 50C? or that it might be the crappy cpu fan?

his setup are:

Amd XP 1700+

512mb 2700DDR

msi KT4 motherboard

Volcano 9 Cool Mod HSF

what could be wrong?

My suggestions: update your drivers, as chrisa said. Another thing is try killing all other programs before running Generals and see what happens. Try posting on their official forums, too ;)

:huh: Man, its not your fan, if that's the problem then your computer will just freeze and won't get to your desktop. update drivers... ;)

he didnt listen the first 2 times? come on dude...driver...seems to be graphical...is causing this get newest graphivs drivers and maybe update your generals too!!

he didnt listen the first 2 times? come on dude...driver...seems to be graphical...is causing this get newest graphivs drivers and maybe update your generals too!!

*Agrees*

its just odd..before i installed new heatsink in my buddy's computer, it ran just fine..until i installed new heatsink, damn thing just shut down generals, and NOW red faction 2, so i don't think it could be graphical drivers, but i'll gonna see what happens when i update the drivers...

You have the case of the serious error.I had that on my bros computer but on mine it runs without a prob.Its nothing with the cooling.Can you post your video card so i can see.

i have a genrals problem too, whenever i play generals with a networked comp, my hole base blows up in about 1 minute from game start. . . i have played other games over the network, any idea why this happens? or should i just ask EA?

i have a genrals problem too, whenever i play generals with a networked comp, my hole base blows up in about 1 minute from game start. . . i have played other games over the network, any idea why this happens? or should i just ask EA?

Sounds like the same serial number to me. You can not use the same serial number on 2 machines - and then play head to head. You need a different number.

nope, it wouldn't let me use the same one, so i just found one . .

what do you mean it wouldn't let you use the same one? Sure it will, you can install it on multiple machines with the same number - they just can not play head to head.

i kno, i had the same serial on 2 machines, and then when i tried to play, it wouldnt alllow me, so i changed mine. so the serial conflict isnt a problem

You have the case of the serious error.I had that on my bros computer but on mine it runs without a prob.Its nothing with the cooling.Can you post your video card so i can see.

geforce 4 ti 4200 128mb