Windows 7 build 7106 (32bit) hits usenet

theres really no actual proof stating either that 7106 has older code than 7077, or vice versa.. i wonder if we'll ever find the real answer

Mmmm...thank you. That is basically what we have for the time being. No conclusive evidence of either. ;)

It seems that the 710x branch has debug code. They're pre-RTM and larger in file size. RCs are pure and made to be tested as the final product. It does make sense from what I've read.

So all this hype around a big number is actually a product full of debug code. Go for the number and you get a bloat you otherwise wouldn't need right now with build 7077.

But of course, the guys who installed build 7106 would never agree with this, because evidence and logic don't make much sense when you just want something "bigger".

Edited by Luis Mazza

This is not happening in 7106. There is apparently some problems with routers and such when Windows 7 is used. Make SURE you have applied all the latest firmware for your devices, if applicable.

Great to know. Thanks. But some were reporting this bug on wired connections, too, so I am not so sure it was just a router issue. I swapped out my router, updated firmware, adpater, etc. and it kept dropping 2-3x daily on all except 7000 which didn't drop at all

It seems that the 710x branch has debug code. They're pre-RTM and larger in file size. RCs are pure and made to be tested as the final product. It does make sense from what I've read.

So all this hype around a big number is actually a product full of debug code. Go for the number and you get a bloat you otherwise wouldn't need right now with build 7077.

But of course, the guys who installed build 7106 would never agree with this, because evidence and logic doesn't make much sense when you just want something "bigger".

I really have no idea if 7077 and 7106 are difference in size. I totally go my build dates and if some feature works that didn't previously. However, I was always told that bigger was always better, within limits.

So all this hype around a big number is actually a product full of debug code.

There we have another ass-umption you try to pass off as a fact :pinch:

How do you know that there's debug code in 7106, but not in 7077? Did you have a look at the source coude for either builds?

Certainly noit, you're just making up things as it fits you :x

The bigger size could stem from pretty much anything, perhaps it's a surprise MS is saving up for the Rtm release and which MS hasn't activated yet.

There we have another ass-umption you try to pass off as a fact :pinch:

How do you know that there's debug code in 7106, but not in 7077? Did you have a look at the source coude for either builds?

Certainly noit, you're just making up things as it fits you :x

The bigger size could stem from pretty much anything, perhaps it's a surprise MS is saving up for the Rtm release and which MS hasn't activated yet.

Sounds like one of those lovely "ass-umptions" to me... :p

Sounds like one of those lovely "ass-umptions" to me... :p

Wow, what an incredibly cheap shot :rofl:

Judging from the post time, it took you five minutes to think that up, too? :laugh:

Now to point out why your cheap shot totally fails: Luis Mazza tried to pass off his ass-umption as a fact - which it's certainly not :pinch:

I, however, said "perhaps", indicating a possibility.

New Paint 'Shapes' icon on the ribbon in 7106. Not in 7077

--------------------------------------- V

http://www.itechmax.com/wp-content/uploads...indows7apps.jpg

Yes, and that's not the first thing too - but I bet it will also be ignored by the "7106 is older" conspirators.

Anyway, I made a screenshot of 7106 Paint in English:

post-276924-1240274574_thumb.png

Judging from the post time, it took you five minutes to think that up, too? :laugh:

Now to point out why your cheap shot totally fails: Luis Mazza tried to pass off his ass-umption as a fact - which it's certainly not :pinch:

Yes, and that's not the first thing too - but I bet it will also be ignored by the "7106 is older" conspirators.

You're assuming that I read your post the instant you posted it... perhaps I read it 4.5 minutes after you posted it and it took me 30 seconds? :p

BTW: I'm not taking sides on which build is newer as I don't work for Microsoft so I have no facts to back either camp. I just like poking fun at people who adamantly fight for something with little if any facts to back anything up. Yay for arguing on the web... :D

New Paint 'Shapes' icon on the ribbon in 7106. Not in 7077

--------------------------------------- V

windows7apps.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2uptt11.png

i really don't see the difference.

whats new in that paint compared to 7077? I don't get it.

Compare my 7106 screenshot (above) with your 7077 screenshot, and you'll see a clear difference in the Shapes section of the ribbon.

Can you please provide a 7077 and 7106 screenshot side-by-side in English?

I cannot see any difference either.

Thanks

That's just because it collapses when it has less width available. It's exactly the same.

My mistake then. Am in Vista ATM and just compared the 2 screenshots from the thread.

That's just because it collapses when it has less width available. It's exactly the same.

You are right. I have the '7106' look under 7077. My fault, as I have plenty of screen room, so it never collapses to the other form here. Apologies for the confusion.

So it gets the other look when it collapses? I wouldn't know, as I never use it.

The pic I posted is the default look it had when I launched it. Guess in expands by default in 1920x1200, as it has more space there.

If 7106 is older than 7077, does that mean that the "new" RC build 7100 is even older than what we have in 7077 ??

What's the point of wanting RC if it's already older?

If 7106 is older than 7077, does that mean that the "new" RC build 7100 is even older than what we have in 7077 ??

What's the point of wanting RC if it's already older?

7100 build number was reserved for the RC build number, it will be used whichever build gets the RC quality for release.

So it gets the other look when it collapses? I wouldn't know, as I never use it.

The pic I posted is the default look it had when I launched it. Guess in expands by default in 1920x1200, as it has more space there.

All applications with the Ribbon do. They collapse more and more the smaller the window gets, the least important functions going first. Try it in Office too.