NVStor64 error plus freezing

I have been running release 7000 and 7100 since they became available on Technet without any major issues at all, BUT...

I updated my RC build last night with the new NVidia Nforce drivers (ver 15.35) and today I have been struggling with freezes. It became noticable when I tried installing Company of Heroes which took 25 minutes and then when trying to install a 147mb patch, it took nearly 45 mins to install.

The PC just freezes and nothing responds. The clock stops updating, nothing opens and suddenly it will free itself and a few minutes or seconds later, freeze again. Freezes can be as long as 4 minutes in which all activity stops. Resourc monitor even shows nothing writing to the hard drives, literally nothing, it shows no processes and all the disk activity files all start to disappear until nothing is left. When it unfreezes you see them all come back...

In the event log it kept reporting an NVStor error along with the message: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort1, was issued. I dont run any raid, and have a raptor 150mb and a Samsung 1Tb disk.

after some searching I found that by disabling the NCQ for the disks fixed the problem but now I have a somewhat noticably slower machine.

I cant roll back as the update wasnt recorded in system restore and when I look at the drivers in device manager for IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers the "driver rollback" feature is grayed out.

this was also a known problem with Vista. Anyone heard of a fix or am I going to need to re-install?

Am I the only one who always has problems installing those rubbish NForce drivers???

Wow, it's the same problem as the one I'm experiencing. I thought that swapping my SATA cable for a new one would help, but it doesn't!

Ever since I installed the 7100 build, I've had this issue both with the Microsoft-supplied drivers and with NVIDIA's own. On 7000, I never had this problem.