Your favorite (unforgettable) scenes from movies or TV shows

The final scene of Charlie Chaplin's City Lights, though it might not make much sense without seeing the rest of the movie...

a lot of my favourite parts have been mentioned (shawshank, full metal jacket, fight club, american history x ... etc.) But one of my all time favourite scenes would have to be the ending of Clockwork Orange where Alex is in the hospital. Malcom McDowell was absolutely brilliant and this scene tops of his great acting.

ALEX

I just say what the other person would say?

DR. TAYLOR

Yes. Yes, well don't think about it too long, just say the first thing that pops into your mind.

ALEX

Right... Knickers... Cabbages... It doesn't have a beak.

Alex laughs. Slide of woman speaking to boy.

DR. TAYLOR

Good. The boy you always quarrelled with is seriously ill.

ALEX

That's right and I'll smash your face for you, yarblockos.

Slide of watch shop.

DR. TAYLOR

Good. It was your fault... you sold me a crummy watch. I want my money back.

ALEX

********. You know what you can do with that watch? You can stick it up your arse.

Slide of nude woman in bed, a man at the window.

DR. TAYLOR

Good. What do you want?

ALEX

Excuse me, missus. No time for the old in-out, I've just come to read the meter.

Edited by xfodder

The rooftop fight in The Matrix, where Neo dodges all the bullets (one of the most recognized scenes of all time)

All of Wanted

When the Dr. wakes up the next morning in The Hangover and you see all the stuff that went on

The first transformers car scene where Megan fox is learning on the hood

The rooftop fight in The Matrix, where Neo dodges all the bullets (one of the most recognized scenes of all time)
"Dodge this." Timeless quote. :rofl:

For me it is a tossup---

Between two parts of the same movie.

The Crow-

The scene in the bathroom where he grabs the lady and says "Mother is the name for God on the hearts and minds of children" or The scene where the guy with the knives says "let me introduce you to my friends and we never miss"

Most unforgettable for me...

first 10-15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan

Have to agree with the start of Saving Private Ryan it was harrowing and as real as it gets!

The one that I will never forget for some reason or another is from Apocalypse Now (1979):

post-23703-1247516397.jpg

Kilgore: You either surf or you fight.

Willard: Are you crazy God damnit? Don't you think it's a little risky for some R&R?

Kilgore: If I say it's safe to surf this beach Captain, then it's safe to surf this beach. I mean I'm not afraid to surf this place, I'll surf this whole ****ing place!

Kilgore: Charlie don't surf!

Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?

Lance: What?

Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.

[kneels]

Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like … victory.

[sniffing, pondering]

Kilgore: victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

[suddenly walks off]

Kilgore: What the hell do you know about surfing? You're from goddamned New Jersey. lol.gif

Edited by Farstrider

Wow we started talking about the Matrix and I ignored that scene, total blasphemy on my part. Definitely one of the most recognizable scenes of all time because like bullet time, the scene itself is played out in so many different tv shows/movies, for example a comedic version done by the Simpsons once.

Lost in space- the captain says "and the monkey flips the switch"

l

Edited by ChrisJ1968

Slim Pickens in Blazing Saddles when he comes up on his crew dancing and singing "The Camptown Ladies".

or slim pickens in the great fight scene- screw you, I work for mel brooks

To be fair, bullet time was first used in Blade. But Matrix definitely made it memorable.

As for memorable scenes, alot of my favorites have been mentioned.

Some more:

25th Hour- both the "mirror scene" and the ending.

Ronin- Chase scenes

First Blood- Where John breaks down in the police dept

Raiders of the Lost Ark- Running from the boulder

Heat- people have mentioned the bank scene, but what about when Al and Robert meet for the first time?

Psycho- Shower scene, as well as the very last scene

Zodiac- Opening sequence and the beach stabbing.

Silence of the Lambs- Meeting Lector

The Seventh Seal- Knight playing chess with death

Pirates of the Caribbean 1: When Jack Sparrow is shown on the mast. You assume its a big ship, til u get the whole shot.

Planet of the Apes (remake): The ending scene when he thinks he's back in his own time.

Independence Day- Dog fights and the last scene where the one pilot uses his plane to take out the destroyer's weapon.

MIB II - after J bring Kay to Jeebs to try and undo the neuralizer effects and Kay nearly gets fried

*Kay shoots Jeebs head off

J: "You're back!"

K: "No"

J: "Then how'd you know his head would grow back?"

K: (suprised) "It grows back?"

Ace Ventura when Nature calls- *chief daughter strips in the hut and he looks at her with widened expression

Ace: "Those...are vey nice."

Knowing- The spinning wheel coming down

Fast and Furius - dude getting pwned by a car at the end

A couple others I'll remember later

• Like 1

Man on Fire (2004): When Creasy is all beat up and bleeding, and he walks across the bridge to get in the bad guys car, and gets in the car to go and die in exchange for the little girl's life.

Gran Torino (2009): The end of the film when he gets killed for pulling out his lighter in front of the house of gangsters to save the kid.

Edited by Max

I really liked how stardust ended, how the last of the 3 witches met her end. It took me completely by surprise. And the special effects scenes are nicely done.

Devil's Advocate.. when Al Pacino tells Keanu Reeves abt pressure and that some ppl fold under it and some prosper.. great dialog there..

The Godfather 1.. Whole movie :p but especially the start when Don Vito Carleone tells the Bonasera.. what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?..

Matrix 1: When Trinity (Carrie Ann Moss) puts her hand on the phone booth the same second a truck slams into it..

Money Pit: When the bathtub comes through the floor as Tom Hanks put water in it :D the way Tom laughs after that is hilarious :laugh:

and the list goes on.. :p

Just remembered another one worth mentioning :)

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

caution_this_is_sparta.jpg

Le fabuleux destin d'Am?lie Poulain: When Dominique Bretodeau recovers his lost box of "memories" on the phone booth. Also in that movie when she (Amelie) guides the old blind man describing things on the way.