Your favorite (unforgettable) scenes from movies or TV shows

How did The Mist end in the movie?

In the short story it ended with everyone trapped in the grocery store and no apparent end in sight to the 'event.'

well

when they try escaping from the store pretty much everybody dies except the main guy, his son, some old lady and her husband, and a good friend of the main guy(some stuff happened before, like a cult sacrificing people, giant monster killing people etc) and they were able to make it to an car(without getting killed by the monsters) and they start driving(which they pass by some 500 ft monster passing over cross) to get get out of the mist and they keep going and run out of gas, so the main guy had an revolver only had 4 bullets and they decide to kill each other so they won't get ravaged by the monsters and they decide that they would save the bullets for themselves and the main guy would wait to get killed by the monster. well everybody shot them selves and the main guy(father) kills his son(who was sleeping). well after killing his son he opens his car door and walks out to get killed by the monsters but the mist started lifting up and the army was saving people,killing the monsters as the portal to the otherworld closed(which was an army experiment gone wrong). and he tries to kill himself but they were no more bullets, and he cries out. the end

pretty damn grime

sry for the bad wording

Edited by jonhapimp

I thought the mist ended when he killed his kid and the army then went past to indicate it was over? I might need to go back!

Been a while but here's how I remember it They managed to escape the grocery store, him, his kid a woman and an old lady. They drove for quite a while through the mist, they decided there wasn't any real way out and he had a revolver with 3 shots, so one had to live. They agreed on he lived to face the ohh horror and he proceeded to kill everyone. About a minute later, an entire army platoon and hazmat guys rolls by ... the end. Probably have to see it to get the 'feel' for it but it definitely made my brain turn 180*

Probably left out a person or something, eons since I watched it.

I'll tell you what scarred me: The volleyball scene in Top Gun. Do Navy pilots really oil up to play some sand volleyball???

Cannot get that image out of my mind. :|

Been a while but here's how I remember it They managed to escape the grocery store, him, his kid a woman and an old lady. They drove for quite a while through the mist, they decided there wasn't any real way out and he had a revolver with 3 shots, so one had to live. They agreed on he lived to face the ohh horror and he proceeded to kill everyone. About a minute later, an entire army platoon and hazmat guys rolls by ... the end. Probably have to see it to get the 'feel' for it but it definitely made my brain turn 180*

Yeah thats the ending :p might have to get it now just to see the preaching woman meet her end :p

Most unforgettable for me...

first 10-15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan and/or Enemy At The Gates

Band of Brothers - Why We Fight episode, first walk through of the concentration camp

Live Free, Die Hard: When the kid is trying to trick On-Star into starting the car and reads his father's (real owner's) name off, but can't pronounce it. ...I crack up everytime on that scene.

The nailing of the feet and chunk of skin torn during the lashings in Passion of the Christ

The scene in Godzilla where the old guy is fishing and his friends make fun of him saying that the only thing he's going to catch is a cold. Instead of catching a fish, he basically "catches" Godzilla. For some reason, the scene burned into my memory as a kid.

Anyway, here's a link to the scene I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIR47_zpySI

I'll tell you what scarred me: The volleyball scene in Top Gun. Do Navy pilots really oil up to play some sand volleyball???

Cannot get that image out of my mind. :|

HAHA you need to watch this video..... (Word of Caution strong language)

<snipped due to language, Neowin is rated PG-13>

My favorite scene of all time would be Jessica Alba navigating the sea-floor in Into The Blue.

You ain't lien' :p

Most unforgettable for me...

first 10-15 minutes of Saving Private Ryan and/or Enemy At The Gates

Band of Brothers - Why We Fight episode, first walk through of the concentration camp

Live Free, Die Hard: When the kid is trying to trick On-Star into starting the car and reads his father's (real owner's) name off, but can't pronounce it. ...I crack up everytime on that scene.

The nailing of the feet and chunk of skin torn during the lashings in Passion of the Christ

Ditto to the 1st 3.

Edited by shockz

Fight Club:

JACK: Aw, come on!

TYLER: An expired community student ID! What did you study, Raymond?

RAYMOND: S-s-s-stuff...

TYLER: Stuff? Where the mid-terms hard?

TYLER: I asked you what you studied.

RAYMOND: Biology, mostly.

TYLER: Why?

RAYMOND: I don't know...

TYLER: What did you wanted to be, Raymond K. Hessel?

TYLER: The question, Raymond, is what did you want to be?

JACK: Answer, Raymond! Jesus!

RAYMOND: Veterinarian! Veterinarian!

TYLER: Animals.

RAYMOND: Yeah, animals and s-s-s....

TYLER: --Stuff, yeah I got that. That means you have to get more schooling.

RAYMOND: Too much school.

TYLER: Would you rather be dead? Would you rather die? Here? On your knees? In the back of a convenient shop?

RAYMOND: Nooo!

TYLER: I'm keeping your license. I'm going to check on you. I know where you live. If you aren't back in school and on your way to being a veterinarian in six weeks, you will be dead. Now run on home.

TYLER: Run, Forrest, run!

JACK: I feel ill.

TYLER: Imagine how he feels.

JACK: Come on, this isn't funny! That wasn't funny! What the **** was the point of that?

TYLER: Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day in Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

When derek(edward norton) leaving jail in American History X.

Most of the scenes in Forrest Gump & American beauty.

Every scene in LOTR & Star Wars Original Trilogy. :D

One of the Pink Panther films (Return of the Pink Panther I think) with Peter Sellers

Where he is standing in his apartment and hears a sawing sound and can't place it, so he hyperventilates to copy the sound (thinking it's breathing) only to find his assistant is cutting a hole in the floor, which he falls through.

Haha on the same note, I always love this scene. :p

The docking scene from 2001, on my first visit to the cinema I was 5 years old.

What kind of parent takes a 5 year old to a hard core sci-fi movie before even a disney film, my mum went nuts when i asked for hal for a christmas present that year

Edited by dfuk

Scene from the original Brian's Song -

[setup]

Brian & Joy Piccolo, along with Gale & Linda Sayers, are at a local Chicago pizza parlor having dinner, and Brian is telling the wives about a play that went wrong: [/setup]

Piccolo - So, Concannon calls this trap play...you know what a trap play is?

Linda Sayers - Yeah, I think so.

Brian - Ah! A trap play is when all the linemen go one way, and hopefully, the defense goes the same way. And, if they do, see, it's a big hole! If they don't, well, it's bad news! So, um, Concannon calls this trap play, and it's just beautiful...43 yards. Wasn't it 43? Ah! So, Halas sees he's tired, and sends me in - so, I go in, and he comes out.

Concannon then figures he's gonna get really foxy....you know, Concannon is.....so, he says, um, 'Same play. VERY SAME PLAY. A trap play is also called a sucker play, because it makes the defense look real bad when it works! Now, defenses do not like to look real bad...see, it makes them kinda surly! So, anyway, all the linemen go this way, and it's like I am lookin' at a team portrait of the Los Angeles Rams!! "Hey, Deacon! Merlin! How's the family, Rosey?"

Joy Piccolo - You have never seen anyone so black and blue in your life!

Brian - I was afraid to get up, I figured not everything was gonna come with me!

Gale - It's like....I'm roomin' with a colored player again!

Linda - Gale told a joke!

Brian - The stone-face from Kansas speaks! All right! (Standing up in the middle of the crowded pizza place and pointing at Gale) Hey, Chicago! Chicago! SAYERS SPEAKS! HE SPEAKS!!