Windows Media Center Full Screen

Is it possible to make windows media center full screen without having it capture the mouse? I have a dual screen setup so I would like to have it full screen on one screen and still want to be able to use the other screen.

Cheers.

the only real way is to resize the media center window and run it that was, if you have it fullscreen you wont be able to do it...

its sucks, and its been like this since Windows XP Media Center Edition, :(

MCE Multi Mon bypasses the fullscreen mouse lock XerXis

sure, but that program just resizes mce to be as big as the screen and removes the windows frame without ever going to directx full screen mode. Which means you miss the performance of directx full screen mode. But anyway, thanks for pointing that out, didn't know it existed, good for the op ;)

here mate i had the same problem until i found this program

its called MCE Multi Mon

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/240939.aspx

cheers mate, works really well :)

sure, but that program just resizes mce to be as big as the screen and removes the windows frame without ever going to directx full screen mode. Which means you miss the performance of directx full screen mode. But anyway, thanks for pointing that out, didn't know it existed, good for the op ;)

since you mentioned directx can you elaborate on what kind of performance it would bring?

I'm sure I used to be able to fullscreen media center on one monitor, and then alt+tab to an app on the other, is that no longer possible?

I'm sure I used to be able to fullscreen media center on one monitor, and then alt+tab to an app on the other, is that no longer possible?

that's one workaround however the screen needs to adjust each time which can get annoying.

cheers mate, works really well :)

since you mentioned directx can you elaborate on what kind of performance it would bring?

normally a fullscreen mode application will perform better because it owns the primary surface. Wether or not this changes a lot for MCE in terms of performance and CPU/GPU usage is something I have not tested as my MCE computer is connected to a TV :)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/304669/...ull-screen-mode

i dont really notice a difference xerxis

i have VMC open on one screen and i run counterstrike source and play a pug for about 40 minutes and it runs fine on my pc with no lag

ive got a intel e8500 and an ati HD4850 and 4 gb ram

so it works well for me

normally a fullscreen mode application will perform better because it owns the primary surface. Wether or not this changes a lot for MCE in terms of performance and CPU/GPU usage is something I have not tested as my MCE computer is connected to a TV :)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/304669/...ull-screen-mode

thanks for that. I don't notice any performance differences on my pc, works fine either way.