Photo

Have Back Classic Start Menu In Windows 7 With This Tool!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm

Neowinian

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:06

sevenclassicstart

http://www.sevenclassicstart.com/

Attached Files

#2 Fish

Fish

Slamdunk the funk

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:11

lol @ £17

No thanks.

#3 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:17

Jeez can't people just let the classic start menu die already?

#4 OP gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm

Neowinian

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:22

I don't even like the classic start menu but I thought I would post this because I always see so many people here saying how they would love to be able to use the classic start menu in Windows 7 :)

#5 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:25

I don't even like the classic start menu but I thought I would post this because I always see so many people here saying how they would love to be able to use the classic start menu in Windows 7 :)

Yeah, I wasn't taking a shot at you with my post, it was just a general statement.

#6 Dubstep Nixon

Dubstep Nixon

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:27

Yeah, stupid people. Having their own opinions, what's wrong with them. They should like what they're told to like.

#7 +TCLN Ryster

TCLN Ryster

Evil Teddy Rules!

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:28

Attached File(s)
Attached File screen.bmp ( 800.65K ) Number of downloads: 19
Attached File classic_start_menu_for_windows_7_1.bmp ( 256.77K ) Number of downloads: 11

And since when have screenshots in BMP format been a good idea? Oh that's right, NEVER! I'll give this a miss thanks.

Oh and if you want to use a system that looks and feels like 2000/XP, then use 2000/XP. Simples.

#8 qdave

qdave

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:32

this is an evil thing. people should start using new technologies instead of resort to something that was 15 years ago.

#9 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:36

People can have whatever they like you freakin start menu Nazi's lol.
Paying £17 for a classic start menu though? Now that's just not on.

#10 null_

null_

Removed

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:38

Why on Earth would anyone purchase a program to re-enable a replica of the classic Start menu? That's just wrong.

#11 Orange Battery

Orange Battery

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:55

Strange... the fan boys are all declaring anyone who wants to continue using the classic menu is a fool and yet so many of us would still like it there. Its almost as if we don't care what the fan boys think and just want something that works for us. :blink:

#12 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• Phone: Galaxy S3 (Wicked)

Posted 26 June 2009 - 21:57

I turned the downloads folder into a junction point to the start menu, so I can do this :whistle:

AllProgramsMenu.png

#13 +Quillz

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 26 June 2009 - 22:38

It's 2009. If you still want the classic Start menu, then stick with XP or Vista.

Also, looking at the site:

The innovative, high-tech version of Windows Start menu introduced in Windows 7 is not necessarily welcome by experienced users of previous Windows editions. The lack of choice resulting from Microsoft's removal of classic Start menu from Windows 7 leaves many computer users frustrated. Seven Classic Start enables the familiar look and feel of the classic Start menu found in Windows XP and Vista for users of Windows 7.

You're obviously not very "experienced" if you aren't capable of doing things in a new (and even better) way. I don't know why people even bother with newer OS if all they want to do is use their old computing habits from 15-20 years ago.

#14 unawave

unawave

Neowinian

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:31

I think the new start menu isn't so bad. But I also want to have back the good old classic menu.

But you can emulate the classic start menu in Windows 7.
So you have the features of the new menu AND the classic start menu side by side.

• Features of the new menu:
  • recent opened programs
  • pinned programs
  • jumplists
  • special links (right area of start menu)
  • search bar
    Bad in new menu:
  • All programs: louvre opened menu
  • Reduced space for "All programs" menu by start menu, often scrolling is needed
  • Search bar without "history"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Features of classic menu:
  • Laterally opened menu without mouse click
  • Menus uses full screen height
    Bad in classic menu:
  • No recent opened programs
  • No jumplist
  • No search bar

#15 Miuku.

Miuku.

A damned noob

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:35

You're obviously not very "experienced" if you aren't capable of doing things in a new (and even better) way. I don't know why people even bother with newer OS if all they want to do is use their old computing habits from 15-20 years ago.

What defines a "better way"?

If I can accomplish tasks via the command line much faster than you can do them via a GUI (and often things you CAN'T do without having a specialized tool for it), does that mean your "new" way is improved and better just because it's "easier" or "flashier"?

If people are content using the classic start menu, why deprive them something that has worked for them for so long? Just implement it alongside the new way of doing things and you'll please both sides of the fence.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!