Windows 7 RTM - Intel 946GZ games crash

Hey all,

I just installed the Windows 7 Enterprise X64 RTM yesterday. Everything seemed to be running well until I tried running solitaire. The game crashes almost immediately, and since trying all the other included games it seems that they all do the same thing. Looking in the event viewer shows that the Intel graphics driver is faulting. The strange thing is that "real" games such as CS Source and Defcon run perfectly fine and the workstation is completely stable otherwise.

Anyone else having the same issue? I'm using the latest Windows 7 driver from Intel's website.

Specs: HP Dx2300 microtower, Core2 Duo E4400, 2Gb RAM, Intel 946GZ graphics.

Edited by hitman05

Same problem here...... Any suggestions yet? I tried an older version of the driver and I get the same problem.. I then tried reinstalling the newest chipset drivers for my board... Nothing seems to work!

Here's the exact error message I'm getting...

Faulting application name: minesweeper.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc9f5

Faulting module name: igdumd64.dll, version: 8.15.10.1825, time stamp: 0x4a37e523

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000070b32

Faulting process id: 0xf68

Faulting application start time: 0x01ca18610efda5fb

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\minesweeper\minesweeper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\igdumd64.dll

Report Id: 4f68eef4-8454-11de-a879-0019210df746

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am using 7 Ultimate x64 on E6400, 946gzis and haven't faced such an issue.. Have you tried getting the driver which was available thru windows update?

Same problem here...... Any suggestions yet? I tried an older version of the driver and I get the same problem.. I then tried reinstalling the newest chipset drivers for my board... Nothing seems to work!

Here's the exact error message I'm getting...

Faulting application name: minesweeper.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc9f5

Faulting module name: igdumd64.dll, version: 8.15.10.1825, time stamp: 0x4a37e523

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000070b32

Faulting process id: 0xf68

Faulting application start time: 0x01ca18610efda5fb

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\minesweeper\minesweeper.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\igdumd64.dll

Report Id: 4f68eef4-8454-11de-a879-0019210df746

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, that's the same error I get in the event viewer. The same problem seems to occur using the Windows Update-provided driver as well.

I've tried the newest driver from the Intel site, an older driver from the Intel site, the Windows Vista/2008 64bit driver and the one from the update site. All of them fail with the same error...

strange i'm also using the same driver modded for my 945G & it works absolutely fine. could be a driver bug but as you say other games works fine just try :

sfc /scannow

from administrative command prompt to be sure of integrity of windows file.

• 2 months later...
Managed to find the fix, Windows 7's Update checks only for the driver, However it is somehow unstable, Hence every now and then you crash. To fix this, Download the Intel Media Accelerator for Win 7

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.as...e=〈=eng

After installing it, I've had no glitchy screens, Left it on for a night, Worked perfectly.

I've installed these drivers and the Windows games still crash. I think I'll need to completely wipe out the Intel drivers and reinstall the newest ones from scratch.

• 4 months later...