[UK] E4 Misfits

Signs are emerging that the BAFTA-award winning and surprise hit of last year, Misfits, has already been commissioned for a third series as well as being remade for US television. But its creator doesn?t want a film version.

Although there is yet to be any official announcements, the news slipped out during a question-and-answer session between Jonathan Ross and Howard Overman. The event session ? which was attended by the media and fans of the show ? was being hosted in London to launch series 2 of the Channel 4 drama.

TV.com reports that, during the interview, Ross said, ?There are more episodes coming next year . . . aren?t there??

Slightly taken aback, Overman, the show?s creator, replied, ?I was told not to mention that.?

Ross also asked about a possible US version of Misfits, but, again, Overman was hesitant in his reply. He said:

Again, I?m not sure I?m supposed to talk about that.

There?s been a lot of interest in it and talk about maybe doing an American version, but you just have to make sure it?s done in the right way.

Later in the interview, Overman talked about a possible movie version of the show. However, seemingly pouring cold water on one seeing the light of day, he said: ?We?ve had some offers, but we decided that we?ve told that story already. Why charge people for a rehashed version of what they?ve already seen??

Source: Digital Journal

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/misfits-series-3-and-usa-remake-looking.html#ixzz15YnCbKH5

post-15395-12907384251095.png

Alisha :wub:

good episode but they are pulling the future Hiro stuff from Heroes and we all know how that ended for Heroes :(

yeah but the writing for heroes sucks compared to this.

Thought it was a great episode, love where they are heading with it, the big reveal I kinda guessed, but I didn't think it would actuall be true.

Really looking forward to where they are taking it.

Misfits Series 2 is on air now and so this is quite a scary time in my life. Series 3 has been commissioned and we?re all kind of in the process of deciding what to do and whether we should come back. None of us have yet come to a decision. It?s quite difficult so early on to make a decision for next year and to know what you?re doing. It?s stressful but also a lovely position to be in. Everyone is excited about Series Two and we hope, and think it?s better. Howard Overman, the writer, has excelled himself. The storylines are fantastic and the producers have said it?s looking great. The first series won a BAFTA for Best Drama Series and we totally didn?t expect it. We got nominated along with Spooks, The Street and Being Human. They are all, like, great drama series. We went along feeling really lucky to have been invited and then we won! We were gobsmacked. We thought that The Street had been tipped to win. The team that work on Misfits are fantastic. So it?s difficult to know whether to leave it at two or go on to three.

Full interview: Fourthwall Magazine

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/misfits-are-asbo-five-set-to-leave-show.html#ixzz16Vmg17oI