[UK] E4 Misfits

That is a great audience for an E4 only show, always awesome to see.

The first thing I said after the episode started was that Curtis was going to go back in time and reset all of it before everyone came out with their powers, and pow, it happened, which to me is always a lame type of episode because nothing really advances story wise when nothing counts as happening.

Still, good episode, one left and it will be another year before we get anymore. :(

Hope they expand the next series next year, only a couple more episodes I think, 6 to me seems to short for really any show.

• 3 months later...
Robert Sheehan will not be returning for the third series of Misfits.

The show's executive producer Petra Fried announced the news at the Kapow convention in London today.

Sheehan's character Nathan, who has appeared in the show since it began in 2009, will now be replaced by a new character called Rudi.

Casting for Rudi is still ongoing. Nathan's departure and Rudi's arrival are expected to be dealt with in short films posted on the E4 website before the third series begins.

Sheehan can currently be seen in the movie Killing Bono and also worked on the film Season Of The Witch, which was released earlier this year.

The third series of Misfits is scheduled to air later this year on E4.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s145/misfits/news/a313767/robert-sheehan-not-returning-to-misfits.html

this sums it up...

tumblr_ljfwj6w6Gd1qzif95o1_500.jpg

I totally agree Nathan wasn't the main star on the show, the whole cast was and if you stop watching because of no Nathan then your not a fan.

this sums it up...

tumblr_ljfwj6w6Gd1qzif95o1_500.jpg

I totally agree Nathan wasn't the main star on the show, the whole cast was and if you stop watching because of no Nathan then your not a fan.

Well you can have a sandwich without the butter (and I do being allergic to milk :p), but I would disagree, out of the characters he was far more prominent than any of the others and had a much bigger personality and we generally followed him a lot more.

But the show will indeed go on with out him, I think I would consider anyone who stops watching because one character leaves a bit of an idiot, lol.

Though with him gone I guess the other characters will be more in the limelight now, wonder how they are going to work in this Rudi kid into it all.

I don't mind them doing these webisode things, but it annoys me when shows change things around and never really mention it during the show and don't really explain it.

Ok Misfits lovelies, we're three weeks away from filming, and we've got some news on series 3...

Who said less is more? An idiot, that's who - that's why there'll be eight whole episodes when the show returns this autumn.

We also know that Seth, that nasty piece of power-dealing work will be back. That means our heroes will all have a new power or two - but what they are we do not know (although, as ever, we'd love to hear your guesses).

But sadly, we say bye-bye to Robbie S this series. Yes we know what you?re thinking but fear not - here's what Executive Producer, Petra Fried, had to say:

"We are all sad to say goodbye to Robbie Sheehan ? he has been brilliant as Nathan. Luckily for us, all of Nathan?s filthy lines were written by (creator and writer) Howard Overman, and there?s loads more where they came from ? we call it the Overman dirt bank."

And an exit as big as Nathan's (ahem) needs to be pretty special right? Right? That?s why it?s happening right here, online, on your very own E4.com. Howard is working on an exclusive online short that you?ll be able to get ahead of series 3 ? details are still pretty hush hush but we do know one thing. IT?S IN VEGAS BABY! Knowing Nathan there?ll be more tripling than doubling down and more crabs than craps?

The online short will also introduce Rudy, a character joining the remaining Asbo 4. In Petra?s words, "Rudy is another classic Overman creation." Cannot wait to meet him, then.

Howard Overman says "It?s great to be launching the third series of Misfits with an online film which introduces our new character Rudy, as well as saying goodbye to Nathan."

Source: E4

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/04/misfits-series-3-more-details-on-how.html#ixzz1JJhLz9RJ

Well I just started watching this show, Series 1 Episode 4 and it's unbelievably amazing. Now I read that Nathan is leaving, he is like half the reason I watch the show. So funny.

• 4 weeks later...

Joe Gilgun joins 'Misfits' cast for Series 3

160221119.jpg

This Is England '86 star Joe Gilgun will join the cast of E4's Misfits for the show's third series, which has now begun filming.

Gilgun will play new character Rudy, following the departure of actor Robert Sheehan, who played Nathan in Series 1 and Series 2.

Lauren Socha, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Antonia Thomas and Iwan Rheon will all return for the new series, which will run for 8 episodes.

Channel 4's press-release reveals: "New kid on the block Rudy gets a rude awakening in his first few days of community service, learning that with the keys to the infamous locker comes a great deal of running and screaming and, in some instances, bloodletting. But that really is the least of his worries. More pressing is just how to keep his secret superpower, well, secret. And is it super? As in from the A- List?"

It continues: "The rest of the gang are also back with all-new powers. But just how did that trade off with Seth (Matthew McNulty), the superpower dealer, go down? You would hope that at least one of them has a power approaching something halfway useful. You would hope... Is Simon any closer to fulfilling his destiny as Superhoodie? And just where does he learn to do all that nifty parkour? With Seth still trading powers, zombies on the loose, havoc being wreaked with events from the past and even more havoc being wreaked in the present, things haven't got any quieter for our gang..."

Series 3 will air later this year. A new Misfits soundtrack album is released this week.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...