Well guys, after a few days I've managed to finish a cool application that allows you to generate cool 3d thumbnails for use with PS3 Media Server without any knowledge of Photoshop or similar tools.
It's very straightforward app and it is powered by Amazon. So all you have to do is type in the movie you are looking for, be it DVD, HD DVD, Blu-ray or similar and you can pick and fine tune the cover and save it to your computer.
You can use it here:
Let me know if you have any issues but it should be fairly straightforward. You can make covers in a snap with a huge library of images and covers from Amazon.
VERSION 2.0 UPDATE
- Optimized applying the covers. It is directly applied to the 3d cover instead of writing a temporary file making the application much faster.
- Added Horizontal and Vertical Scaling sliders for fine tuning size
- Added 6 Cover templates
- Added 7 Disc templates
- You can mix and match covers with discs.
- The Video/Audio boxes are now fully interactive (as you type it gets updated, no need pressing PREVIEW button)
- Hitting ENTER on text fields now executes searches. No need for using mouse to click on SEARCH buttons.
- The ability to completely hide video and audio boxes
- Custom URL for the image loading if you can't find things on Amazon.
- Update and polished covers to be a bit higher resolution (less compressed)
- You should possibly regenerate your covers because the new template system is slightly (few pixels) moved and adjusted as I imported new graphics. These are much better and won't change anymore. I will be just adding different templates (other than 3d ones - like film reel design of cover, flat style covers, XBMC style covers etc)
Screenshot of my application:
Screenshots of the generated thumbnails in a few different templates that were introduced in Version 2.0:
Edited by Boz, 12 September 2009 - 05:38.