The New Me.

May be an image of 2 people, beard, eyeglasses and text that says '2008 June 2023'

Today I realized that when I started my weight loss journey 14.5 years ago, I was 29 years old, that’s crazy! It hasn’t been much easier now than it was back then.

Changing your lifestyle and watching what you eat is not fun, it wasn't fun then and it still isn't fun now, nor do I think it will ever be.

Oh, how I would love to go back to my old eating habits and have frozen pizzas for supper every night! I use to do that all the time! (use to buy 5 at a time at faraway)
I won't lie, I do indulge every once and a while, but I think the key to successful weight loss as well as keeping it off is to weigh yourself once a day.

That way you can keep track of how you are doing and see what is working and what is not. You can also quickly see if the weight is coming back so you can nip it in the butt!
To lose a considerable amount of weight, diets are not the answer. they are a temporary solution.

You may lose weight, but once the "Diet" is over you'll go back to your old eating habits and you'll be back at square 1 in no time. You need to change your lifestyle and how you eat, forever.

I'm also not a fan of subscription weight loss meals. They only work if you intend to buy meals from them for the rest of your life.

If there is a family function coming up, where I know there will be a lot of food, I will go on a stringent weight loss for a few days to shed 2 or 3 lbs and "Bank the weight". Popcorn with unsalted butter for supper usually does the trick.

I'll be the first to admit that I have no self-control, which is why my house is pretty empty when it comes to "junk food", my motto is "it's hard to eat it if it's not in the house."

On 13/07/2023 at 02:20, hellowalkman said:

How do you think the weight loss has (positively or negatively) affected the rest of your health?

Before my weight loss, I would wake up in the middle of the night pretty frequently with acid reflux. It was so bad that I had a bottle of Tums sitting next to my bed. Now that has gone away completely.

When I was fat I use to take naps ALL the time, now I never take them.

Before losing weight my blood pressure was in the toilet, now it's great!

When I was fat, I used a treadmill at the YMCA and my heart rate was going through the roof, and felt like I was going to die! Now I can walk 1.4 miles in 20 mins.

As far as my health being negatively affected, I can't think of a single thing.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/07/2023 at 01:30, Warwagon said:
May be an image of 2 people, beard, eyeglasses and text that says '2008 June 2023'

Today I realized that when I started my weight loss journey 14.5 years ago, I was 29 years old, that’s crazy! It hasn’t been much easier now than it was back then.

Changing your lifestyle and watching what you eat is not fun, it wasn't fun then and it still isn't fun now, nor do I think it will ever be.

Oh, how I would love to go back to my old eating habits and have frozen pizzas for supper every night! I use to do that all the time! (use to buy 5 at a time at faraway)
I won't lie, I do indulge every once and a while, but I think the key to successful weight loss as well as keeping it off is to weigh yourself once a day.

That way you can keep track of how you are doing and see what is working and what is not. You can also quickly see if the weight is coming back so you can nip it in the butt!
To lose a considerable amount of weight, diets are not the answer. they are a temporary solution.

You may lose weight, but once the "Diet" is over you'll go back to your old eating habits and you'll be back at square 1 in no time. You need to change your lifestyle and how you eat, forever.

I'm also not a fan of subscription weight loss meals. They only work if you intend to buy meals from them for the rest of your life.

If there is a family function coming up, where I know there will be a lot of food, I will go on a stringent weight loss for a few days to shed 2 or 3 lbs and "Bank the weight". Popcorn with unsalted butter for supper usually does the trick.
I'll be the first to admit that I have no self-control, which is why my house is pretty empty when it comes to "junk food", my motto is "it's hard to eat it if it's not in the house."

Before my weight loss, I would wake up in the middle of the night pretty frequently with acid reflux. It was so bad that I had a bottle of Tums sitting next to my bed. Now that has gone away completely.

When I was fat I use to take naps ALL the time, now I never take them.

Before losing weight my blood pressure was in the toilet, now it's great!

When I was fat, I used a treadmill at the YMCA and my heart rate was going through the roof, and felt like I was going to die! Now I can walk 1.4 miles in 20 mins

As far as my health being negatively affected, I can't think of a single thing.
I've picked up a fresh pair of running shoes recently from local sports store https://gritroutdoors.com/ and hopefully I can get some cardio in!

Did you workout on top of changing eating habits or just switched away from bad foods?
Also popcorn(as you've mentioned) is severely underrated "weight loss" snack - it's really not that calorie dense and pretty satiating :D

I've got back into weightlifting last year and already really good progress, hopefully I can keep at it!

On 23/08/2023 at 04:41, TruckerJay said:

Also popcorn(as you've mentioned) is severely underrated "weight loss" snack - it's really not that calorie dense and pretty satiating

It also has roughly 3.6 g of fiber per 1oz serving. Dependent on the cooking method, if air popped, it has 4.1 g of fiber.