Multiple Desktops, ala spaces for Win7?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is also Virtuawin

http://virtuawin.sourceforge.net/

I would suggest one of these two. Dexpot is more powerful and Virtuawin is simpler, and they both work great on Windows 7.

I tried Desktops from Sysinternals, and it just simply didn't work for me. Whenever I tried switching desktops, the screen would flicker but otherwise nothing happened.

WindowsPager is nice because it integrates with the taskbar, but it has problems running on Windows 7.

I just tried this out and it looks pretty good! Any ideas on good way to move windows?

The right click and move thing is kinda of clunky and holding a window while using the hotkey to swtich is okay, but there has to be a better way.

right now I set win+a to switch desktop, win+z for windows catalog, and then top left to switch desktop also which works well to move things I guess.

I just tried this out and it looks pretty good! Any ideas on good way to move windows?

The right click and move thing is kinda of clunky and holding a window while using the hotkey to swtich is okay, but there has to be a better way.

right now I set win+a to switch desktop, win+z for windows catalog, and then top left to switch desktop also which works well to move things I guess.

I use Desktop Preview for this. Right click the tray icon > Desktop Preview. You can configure it in Settings > Components > Desktop Preview tab.

I configured mine to show the program icons, which you can drag and drop between the desktops.

post-57213-1265585597968_thumb.png

Thanks for the tip!

This is pretty good besides a few little issues like minimized windows losing previews and once in a while a window moving over to the other desktop when it isnt supposed to.