New Open Dialog Pic

Found this picture over at Tom's Hardware. It looks to be they Longhorn Open Dialog box. Radically different than anything we've seen in Win XP and proabably a world away from what it will look like when Longhorn goes gold. They also have a great article about WinFS.

3.gif

Edited by FamilyMan

WOW. More useless link additions!

This is the same thing they pulled in XP. The "common places" bar was completely useless, it added 2-3 more ways to do the same exact thing you could do before.

Hope they ditch that trend and come up with some better and more innovative features.

woops :blush: consider me a month behind.

haha..don't worry..alot of us post some old or useless news..just sleep and get over it..tomorrow is another new day on neowin..haha

This is the same thing they pulled in XP. The "common places" bar was completely useless, it added 2-3 more ways to do the same exact thing you could do before.

It was useless for you who don't know how to configure it dor the places you want, maybe... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the common places bar down the side... it was just a pity that you were unable to add your own locations to it ;)

That "useless link addition" has a meaning, because it will tell WinFS how to filter the files.

Oh really? What a shame I was referring to the PLACES MENU.

It was useless for you who don't know how to configure it dor the places you want, maybe... :rolleyes:

I could do any action and access any folder I wanted just as fast as clicking on the links in the places menu. Aside from that it took up way too much f*cking space.

I liked the common places bar down the side... it was just a pity that you were unable to add your own locations to it ;)

Right click on title rebar -> select "Links", add your own folder locations.

OH MY GOD LOOK! YOU CAN DO THE SAME EXACT THING WITHOUT TAKING UP A QUARTER OF THE WINDOW WIDTH.

Right click on title rebar -> select "Links", add your own folder locations.

OH MY GOD LOOK! YOU CAN DO THE SAME EXACT THING WITHOUT TAKING UP A QUARTER OF THE WINDOW WIDTH.

There is actually a point to that bar, you know. You can get to certain directories quickly, without having to click on the listbox, move the mouse, and then click on the actual folder. Just because you don't agree with a design element, dosen't mean that you have to have to try and start a fight with those that agree with it.

No need to be so ****ing narky.

Any particular reason you needed to spam this topic or were you just wanting to be banned/warned?
I was quoting each person and addressing their post, is there a problem with that? If you want to lower my post count 2 numbers, go right ahead. Unless you were also to referring to my opinions, which are obviously not welcome here at Neowin, as I've been told many times.
There is actually a point to that bar, you know. You can get to certain directories quickly, without having to click on the listbox, move the mouse, and then click on the actual folder. Just because you don't agree with a design element, dosen't mean that you have to have to try and start a fight with those that agree with it.

No need to be so ****ing narky.

I find it funny that Tom Servo makes the same exact kinds of posts using caps to get his points across, and no problem arises, but holy **** if I do it then it's just wrong. Yeah. Great double standards there.

And yes, damn me for having an opinion. Daaaaaaaamn me!

Chill? What gave you the impression that I wasn't calm?

I love how whenever a moderator says anything there's about 3-5 posts following it saying "ownage!" or "yeah! you go mod boy!", yet whenver someone says anything a moderator disagrees with it's "yo man, chill, like.. calm down! stop flailing your arms about! put down that gun!".

w00ters! (and CHEESE!)

no, you made 3 replies, all of which sounded pretty angry, then a mod tells you to stop spamming, and you get this attitude like you're not wanted at neowin, and if you truly feel that, you might as well just leave.

1: I wasn't spamming, I was replying to each post using the default quote button, if you don't want people using it, remove it.

2: I wasn't angry at all. The first reply was sarcasm, the second wasn't angry in the least bit and I have no idea how you could have mistaken that to be so, the third was again being sarcastic toward the way Windows XP was developed and NOT anyone in this thread.

3: That "mod" was arrogant to assume that I was spamming by QUOTING POSTS AND REPLYING TO THE STATEMENTS MADE IN EACH ONE. If I wanted to spam my way to a higher post count I would take part in those stupid "Post your" and "What are you listening to" threads that you can legitimately reply to every 30 seconds for 8 hours straight without having a moderator tell you your spamming. Quit the double standards damnit.

4: I have had nearly every moderator "reprimand" me for my opinions, close threads after I started stating my opinion in, place warnings on my account for joking around, and ban me for no valid reason at all. Gee, I think that tells me I'm really admired around here, you now? A real enjoyment to have around.

5: Would you leave a college if the professors didn't like you? No. You don't just quit and leave something because some people don't like you, that's insane. Would I be safe in saying that's your motto in life? And NO that wasn't an insult so don't go screaming foul at something your imagining.

Now I get to wait until a mod views this thread, tells me how wrong I am, tells me everyone loves me and that I'm just delusional. Then I play the part of pretending to buy the lip service and go post another opinion of mine, then get banned for it.

*waits*

*gives up* it's not worth the time to explain :hmmm: just know that i think you're not being singled out by any mods, and be careful what you post. a lot is considered spam on neowin.

/me slams head on desk 20 times.

I KNOW I AM NOT BEING SINGLED OUT BY ANYONE.

The point I was making is that there is major, MAJOR hypcorisy going on around here. I (and others) get yelled at for stuff other people do, most times the other people are moderators themselves. It's bull****.

Jesus ARCANE Christ, I saw some guy state his opinion plainly in a thread and get BANNED by Keldyn with the message of "Have a banning for your ignorance". Who is he to determine what ignorance is? Ignorance is realtive, depending on what you know and what you don't know. Keldyn banned that guy because he didn't agree with him. And now I get to wait for Keldyn to come in, tell me that the guy deserved it because blah blah blah, breaking the rules, blah blah blah, etc. It's really sad that I can predict what will happen.

-EDIT-

Oh yes, I forgot. I will either get a warning or a banning for "derailing" this topic, even though I wasn't the one that started the argument. w00t.

-EDIT AGAIN-

I have nothing against Keldyn, I just hate seeing stuff like that happen. Actually Keldyn reminds me alot about myself, minus the authority position here. Maybe that's what my problem is. Maybe I'm not getting enough fiber. OMG? MAYBE I AM GOING TO DIE FROM LACK OF WATER. Excuse me, I have to go get a glass of water.... and some dog food. RUFF!

Edited by Valkyre

/me slams head on desk 20 times.

I KNOW I AM NOT BEING SINGLED OUT BY ANYONE.

The point I was making is that there is major, MAJOR hypcorisy going on around here. I (and others) get yelled at for stuff other people do, most times the other people are moderators themselves. It's bull****.

Jesus ARCANE Christ, I saw some guy state his opinion plainly in a thread and get BANNED by Keldyn with the message of "Have a banning for your ignorance". Who is he to determine what ignorance is? Ignorance is realtive, depending on what you know and what you don't know. Keldyn banned that guy because he didn't agree with him. And now I get to wait for Keldyn to come in, tell me that the guy deserved it because blah blah blah, breaking the rules, blah blah blah, etc. It's really sad that I can predict what will happen.

-EDIT-

Oh yes, I forgot. I will either get a warning or a banning for "derailing" this topic, even though I wasn't the one that started the argument. w00t.

-EDIT AGAIN-

I have nothing against Keldyn, I just hate seeing stuff like that happen. Actually Keldyn reminds me alot about myself, minus the authority position here. Maybe that's what my problem is. Maybe I'm not getting enough fiber. OMG? MAYBE I AM GOING TO DIE FROM LACK OF WATER. Excuse me, I have to go get a glass of water.... and some dog food. RUFF!

:blink: are you okay?