AeroBuddy for Firefox

post-49492-12645563008705_thumb.png

Requires Windows 7 / Vista or higher

This add-on is based on the original Glasser. What sets this add-on apart from the others is its unique features.

Features

Fixes for popup windows

Fixes for full screen mode

Improved add-on compatibility (no more black toolbars!)

A cleaner interface designed like a theme

Aero Glass effects for every toolbar in the browser window

One click switch to toggle Aero Glass effects on the fly

Notes

This add-on may not be compatible with some themes and add-ons. Please remember that not every theme can be compatible.

Download

Thats really cool. Downloaded it and using it now, works like a charm :)

Just a suggestion, add in some opacity levels so that we can choose how transparent we want it to be :)

Thats really cool. Downloaded it and using it now, works like a charm :)

Just a suggestion, add in some opacity levels so that we can choose how transparent we want it to be :)

Which part would you like to control the opacity for? The glass color/opacity is controlled by Windows.

Which part would you like to control the opacity for? The glass color/opacity is controlled by Windows.

Ah okay, didn't know that. That's great!

It looks like "All Glass Firefox". I don't see how this is any different...

The style is indeed very similar, but it contains a lot of under the hood fixes. All toolbars should have glass, and require no additional fixes. In the next version we will have four styles to choose from, all of which can be changed at anytime.

I was using the All glass theme for Firefox until I found "Twenty Ten Buddy", and since your theme is similar to the one I switched from. I probably won't use it. Sorry :( Not trying to be rude. I mean, just look how sweet this one looks!

capture.png

I was using the All glass theme for Firefox until I found "Twenty Ten Buddy", and since your theme is similar to the one I switched from. I probably won't use it. Sorry :( Not trying to be rude. I mean, just look how sweet this one looks!

We worked hard on TwentyTen, and I'm glad you like it :) AeroBuddy was made as an alternative to Glasser/All-glass as it contains a lot of fixes.

• 4 weeks later...

Good way to make the default theme usable again. Only niggle is the done text in the bottom left that annoys me, seems a little out of place...the surround I mean.

Update, I'm currently using this with Minefield 3.7a2 and it looks great with the new icon set! Really nice and works to perfection. (Y)

Great job, been looking for one that deals with toolbars. Could you possible look into comparability with roboform toolbar?

Wish this was possible on Thunderbird, it seems so long since it has had a decent theme to with it :( .

Scirwode

I'm stopping work on All-Glass, and advising everyone to switch over to AeroBuddy. Like SoapyHamHocks has said, it has way better compatibility and since I lack the knowledge to fix my own addon, I think it's the best thing to do :)

Great addon!

I'm stopping work on All-Glass, and advising everyone to switch over to AeroBuddy. Like SoapyHamHocks has said, it has way better compatibility and since I lack the knowledge to fix my own addon, I think it's the best thing to do :)

Great addon!

If you want it would be quite easy to add an "All-Glass" option to AeroBuddy.

Glass styles override what Personas does. However, Personas Without Personas is a good workaround. It takes a little playing around with to get it the way you want it, but it works.

Thank you. It works for the most part, but there is a tiny strip across the browser where I cannot apply any image as shown below. Did I miss something in the user style code that can help me remove this area?

20jpyxe.jpg

Edit: Also, is there a way to right-align the image? The image currently is left-aligned. I thought of using the code "background-position: top right !important;" after the "background-image" code, but that didn't seem to work.

It is indeed possible. Check out Glasser for Thunderbird.

Thanks! Now, at least my Thunderbird looks as sexy as my Firefox :p .

Scirwode

Thank you. It works for the most part, but there is a tiny strip across the browser where I cannot apply any image as shown below. Did I miss something in the user style code that can help me remove this area?

20jpyxe.jpg

Edit: Also, is there a way to right-align the image? The image currently is left-aligned. I thought of using the code "background-position: top right !important;" after the "background-image" code, but that didn't seem to work.

You thought of the right code which he should have used to begin with. But instead he added custom positions. Just replace every instance of "background-position: -1976px -XXpx !important;" with "background-position: top right !important;". That reminds me, I was going to tell him about that.