Photo

Anyone went back to Vista or XP from Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 12 February 2010 - 19:13

I'll never go back to Windows XP. I moved on from that OS when Windows Vista was available at retail stores. As for Windows Vista, it was a solid OS but Windows 7 is that and more. I don't see myself going back to it. I've gotten used to Windows 7 and I love it. I've had 0 issues whatsoever and I love the little tweaks here and there. It makes it so much better than Windows Vista.

Also, using Windows XP/Vista (more-so XP) is somewhat of a chore. I'd say it's almost unpleasant. I'm forced to use it at school and my friend's computers. I laugh every time I see the dreaded "Program is not responding." dialogue box.

#32 Co_Co

Co_Co

g status

Posted 12 February 2010 - 19:14

i move forward usually, i have never gone back to an older version of any software.

#33 +LightEco

LightEco

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 February 2010 - 19:22

Moved to 7 in August and haven't looked back since.

#34 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 February 2010 - 19:27

That's very odd because to most of the rest of the world that has tried both, it's the complete opposite...

I know lots of people say that, it really annoys me that I find a lot of problems with 7 until they go away I can't use it.

#35 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Phone: Android

Posted 12 February 2010 - 20:14

LMAO

I use Windows XP Mode for older programs. Other than that, there is no reason to see that primitive OS. I cringe when I have to use it at work.

Imagine my horror when I use remote connection and end up on a Win2K or Win98 system, let alone a totally messed up XP install

#36 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 February 2010 - 20:17

I know lots of people say that, it really annoys me that I find a lot of problems with 7 until they go away I can't use it.

What problems are there that are so groundbreaking that it prevents you from using Windows 7?

#37 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 February 2010 - 20:18

I had installed Win7 on my netbook but it doesn't like to be "slimmed" down... So I went back to XP (it only has an 8GB SSD)

#38 still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 February 2010 - 20:40

I never quite understood why Vista got the bad rep that it got because the OS ran fine on my computer. Then again I never install software on inadequate hardware.

thats why you didn't quite understand the difference between 7 and vista.
Vista ran fine for me but it was slow at times when running memory intense applications.
I even saw difference in boot up,shutdown and sleep/wakeup. A lot stable than vista RTM.
usability and many more to add...
will never go back to vista again...

#39 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 February 2010 - 20:45

What problems are there that are so groundbreaking that it prevents you from using Windows 7?

Preview Pane unusable (it's got a mind of it's own, it's position just moves randomly), it's performance can't match that of Vista's in fact it rarely gets anyway near on my two year old laptop. No Movie Maker, but that's more of an annoyance than a problem (Windows Live Movie Maker is to poor to use).

#40 Bonfire

Bonfire

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Rotary Dial

Posted 12 February 2010 - 20:47

I tried Vista, hated it. Went back to XP. Tried 7, it was better but I hate it, went back to XP. When the day comes I have to upgrade it will be to Linux or BSD.

#41 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• Phone: Android

Posted 12 February 2010 - 20:51

I tried Vista, hated it. Went back to XP. Tried 7, it was better but I hate it, went back to XP. When the day comes I have to upgrade it will be to Linux or BSD.

Let me guess, didn't look cartoony enough for you

#42 Bonfire

Bonfire

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Rotary Dial

Posted 12 February 2010 - 20:55

Let me guess, didn't look cartoony enough for you

I have the XP themes service disabled in my winnt.sif file so it's never turned on to begin with. I have not seen Luna in years.

So that would be no, smart guy. I like how you take a superior attitude and think you are better than someone else because of the OS you use though. Do you make snooty posts because people don't like the same music or soda as you also?

#43 OP lsquare

lsquare

Neowinian

Posted 12 February 2010 - 22:25

thats why you didn't quite understand the difference between 7 and vista.
Vista ran fine for me but it was slow at times when running memory intense applications.
I even saw difference in boot up,shutdown and sleep/wakeup. A lot stable than vista RTM.
usability and many more to add...
will never go back to vista again...

No offence man, but you're not substantiating your argument there. How can you claim that I don't understand the difference when you're not providing any specific examples? I never had any compatibility or performance issues when I first got XP, Vista, or even 7. I usually get the latest OS at launch, but because I was on vacation until January of 2010, I had to wait to get my hands on the OS. To me, I see absolutely no difference in performance between Vista and 7. I've installed 7 on two different computers (E8400, 4GB DDR2, Geforce 9800GT, and Core i5 750, 4GB DDR3, Geforce 9800 GT) and it runs smoothly for me.

I don't have any problems with 7 other than the interface differences. In theory the new interface is suppose to make things more efficient, but it's not doing that for me. I am very use to the classic interface. Just imagine you get use to something and all of a sudden you have to change. It's hard! It's like quitting smoking. You think it's easy to change in a span of a day or even a week?

i move forward usually, i have never gone back to an older version of any software.

The weird thing about me is that I was able to completely switch to Office 2007 even though I was very use to the old Office interface.

#44 matt4pack

matt4pack

Neowinian

Posted 12 February 2010 - 22:27

I kind of did, i dual boot myself. i love windows 7 myself but the only thing i hate about it is windows explorer, its so different to xp and i just cant get used to it

I still use 7 but xp is my main partition

Windows 7 does have XP mode you can download for free from Microsoft.

#45 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 12 February 2010 - 22:28

I haven't and won't go back. Windows 7 is absolutely brilliant and probably one of the best o/s' that MS has ever released. Kudos to them.

All the PCs in the house/office have been upgraded, and i've been doing regular Windows 7 upgrades for customers - they love it!