Anyone went back to Vista or XP from Windows 7?

I know that and I don't really need XP mode, I just dont like windows explorer in Vista/7, i havent been able to get used to it. everythings hidden away. Thats my only dislike to the OS, i love windows 7. I use it on my netbook and my laptop but find it hard to swicth on my desktop due to using windows explorer so much

You can make part of it 'un'hidden, like the menubar.

Just access folder options in explorer, and in the view tab check always show menus.

Uncheck hide empty stations.

Then in general tab check both options in the navigation part.

And the taskbar is customizeable in the same way. Rightclick it and check little icons and select never combine.

Now open explorer again. Browse around. Doesn't that remind you of something ? ;)

Assuming everyone that had problems with Vista installed it on "inadequate hardware" Wow ! MS even admitted to the problems with Vista. Not to rain on your parade too much but I'd go out on a limb and say a greater % of us tweaked the crap out of Vista until we got it running efficiently enough.

7Vista.jpg

That picture of vista is spot on. A fat mess. Tweaking was neccessary to obtain some efficienty.

And then still. I didn't even bother. I figured it out for what it was and dumped it after a week.

You know something we don't? 2-3 years for the next version is most definitely not "around the corner".

Prognoses are around 2012 (for now), and that is enough too bother getting used to something new.

Only downside is 2D/3D accelleration, which is more due to an incompatibility in WHQL drivers.

That is certainly a downside for gamers or 3D architects and such, but for others only slightly noticable in the GUI. And probably it'll get resolved over time.

I haven't noticed much off it, appart from some bench presses for testing purposes.

So I agree. Going back from a new product that actually WORKS stupendously good, to an older lesser product would be rediculus imo. Unless you're a gamer or 3D guru ;)