Sherlock (UK BBC Series)

Good so far, Cumberbatch has perfected the classic Holmes wit pretty well :D

I thought it was really good, also nice to see kicks back to the novels with Moriarty and Mycroft.

Yea, was really really good, I thoroughly enjoyed it all the way through.

Steven Moffat is a great writer.

Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman both did a good job, seemed way to obvious who the killer was after you saw the woman in pink dead; which was annoying knowing who the killer was the entire time while Sherlock didn't it felt wrong, feels like the script will let the show down although it was only the first episode. :unsure:

Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman both did a good job, seemed way to obvious who the killer was after you saw the woman in pink dead; which was annoying knowing who the killer was the entire time while Sherlock didn't it felt wrong, feels like the script will let the show down although it was only the first episode. :unsure:

I agree, the script in some parts was a bit of a let-down but entertaining nonetheless. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

did anyone notice the music is similar to the Sherlock Holmes film?

I did ;)

Great show, can't wait for the next episode to come out.

The BBC is eager to make more episodes of Sherlock, it has been revealed.

The modern-day re-imagining of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's literary detective attracted an impressive 7.5m viewers on its launch last Sunday, and BBC bosses are apparently keen to produce a longer series of the show.

"To say the top brass are made up by the Holmes ratings is an understatement," a source told The Sun.

"They really want to do more so the question is not really if, but how and when can we do them."

Source

The BBC is eager to make more episodes of Sherlock, it has been revealed.

The modern-day re-imagining of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's literary detective attracted an impressive 7.5m viewers on its launch last Sunday, and BBC bosses are apparently keen to produce a longer series of the show.

"To say the top brass are made up by the Holmes ratings is an understatement," a source told The Sun.

"They really want to do more so the question is not really if, but how and when can we do them."

Source

Most excellent news.

Hopefully they can time it right and have one great BBC series lead into another, I'd happily take say three months of Doctor Who followed by three months of Sherlock and so on.

Most excellent news.

Hopefully they can time it right and have one great BBC series lead into another, I'd happily take say three months of Doctor Who followed by three months of Sherlock and so on.

I'd rather they keep it to 3 episodes or 6 at most purely because you don't to milk it to much....so say 6 episodes a year would be good.

Sherlock is on the verge of being renewed for a second series by the BBC, the corporation confirmed today.

Written by Doctor Who's Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, the first episode of the modern-day adaptation premiered with a huge audience of 7.5 million, and was well-received by critics.

"We'd like to do more. But if we do, they won't air for at least a year. Drama takes at least a year to get made and Steven is also really busy with Doctor Who," head of drama Ben Stephenson said in a statement.

Sherlock, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, continues this Sunday, with 'The Blind Banker' - the second of three episodes - airing at the slightly earlier time of 8.30pm.

Is there a Professor James Moriarty in the show?

he was mentioned in the first episode, but they are keeping him secret for now

Finally got round to watching it tonight and I absolutely loved it, even hubby said he enjoyed it and he's a hard man to please when it comes to television. Can't wait for the next one :D

Just watched the episode, and was surprised by how much I liked it.

I don't want to them to milk it too much by stringing it over several series/too many episodes.

Such an awesome mini-series. Gutted that it is only three episodes. The chemistry between the actors is amazing, and the screen-writing is truly superb! I seriously hope that this gets picked up for a second series and a longer one!

Such an awesome mini-series. Gutted that it is only three episodes. The chemistry between the actors is amazing, and the screen-writing is truly superb! I seriously hope that this gets picked up for a second series and a longer one!

its been talked about 3 more but we would have to wait for a year due to Moffats commitment with Doctor Who