• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#376 OP Jan

Jan

It's not a Navy boat, it's a Gravy boat

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 24 May 2012 - 16:55

Well as awesome as that is, I was hoping for a metro app version of this by the time the RP hit. :\

Sorry :( I've just been really busy lately :/

#377 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 24 May 2012 - 19:19

You should work on it in small chunks at a time whenever possible. :)

#378 OP Jan

Jan

Posted 19 August 2012 - 14:55

Posted Image
A brand new Notes manager in with StickyNotes B9. Not yet finished.

Posted Image

Save Note dialog.

Posted Image
And a simplified Preferences dialog with more options.

#379 OP Jan

Jan

Posted 27 February 2013 - 23:08

A ton of information

Notes have been redesigned to fit in consistently with Windows 8, each note can be separately customized, for example, each note can have a reminder set to it, a custom colour and also tags. Tags (in the future) will allow you to manage your notes easier by allowing you to search for them.

Notes can now also have images and custom text pasted into it, StickyNotes will also allow you to customize your note with custom colours, fonts and font sizes, just by selecting the text and clicking the appropriate option.

You can also search the web by selecting text (similar to IE's accelerators) and clicking the search icon. You can have unlimited search providers and they can be fully customized.

StickyNotes.png

You can also set notes to Autosave, which will intelligently save them every 10 seconds to insure that you never lose any data.

Notes will remember their location and size when you close them, so once they are reopened, they'll spring right back into place.

Managing Notes is also easier, due to an increased amount of keyboard shortcuts, which will decrease the amount of time wasted searching for delete buttons, or open buttons. Clicking a tag will search Wikipedia, allowing you to get a quick definition if necessary.

My Notes.png

Preferences has been redesigned, featuring a clean, simplistic interface which makes it easy to change settings, such as default colour, storage location and background colour (it is currently set to Dark).

Preferences.png

#380 Riva

Riva

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 February 2013 - 23:21

Your app looks amazing since the last time I saw it. Keep up the good work and throw me a copy to test if you are still looking for testers

#381 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 23:33

Nice. I was just looking at a few different sticky notes type apps and widgets for work today. I settled on the old Vista stick notes widget, but it was really small for my needs. I have a need for a notes module that allows me to expand it vertically like this one does. I'm glad this thread came up again because I downloaded B9 (*PreB9) and like it already. Looking forward to the updated version.

Oh, and if you could hide the app from the taskbar and instead have it in tray, that would be the icing on the cake.

#382 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 17:01

Quick bug report. I know I was able to get into the preferences yesterday, but now that I try again today, I get an unhandled exception for a hard-linked resource file:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Jan\Pictures\Design\StickyNotes for Windows\Graphics\AlertPositionBackgroundHigh.png
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at StickyNotes.frmPreferences.UpdateGraphics()
at StickyNotes.frmPreferences.frmPreferences_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

#383 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 17
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 28 February 2013 - 17:05

wow, this has come a long way since the beginning, nice job Jan :)

#384 OP Jan

Jan

Posted 28 February 2013 - 17:14

Quick bug report. I know I was able to get into the preferences yesterday, but now that I try again today, I get an unhandled exception for a hard-linked resource file:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Jan\Pictures\Design\StickyNotes for Windows\Graphics\AlertPositionBackgroundHigh.png
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at StickyNotes.frmPreferences.UpdateGraphics()
at StickyNotes.frmPreferences.frmPreferences_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I've added Tray support, this'll stop StickyNotes from appearing in the taskbar (they'll appear in the tray instead).

1.png

If Start in Tray is enabled, each note will have a Minimize to tray button next to the Close and New Note buttons.

2.png

wow, this has come a long way since the beginning, nice job Jan :)

#385 OP Jan

Jan

Posted 05 March 2013 - 21:04

A little bit more information!

Posted Image

StickyNotes B9 features journals, which is a simple and effective way of managing your notes into folders.

StickyNotes B9 also features a completely redesigned notes manager, this is more consistent with StickyNotes as well as allowing for many other features.

#386 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 05 March 2013 - 21:24

Coming late into this thread, but:
- This is C#/WPF, right?
- Is the code available on github or such?
- Is the version you've shown in the latest screenshots available for download anywhere or are you teasing us sadistically?

#387 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 05 March 2013 - 21:33

What would be cool is an online feature (aka saving notes to the cloud). Really be very easy to implement if it's something you would consider looking at and need an help let me know.

#388 OP Jan

Jan

Posted 05 March 2013 - 21:33

Coming late into this thread, but:
- This is C#/WPF, right?
- Is the code available on github or such?
- Is the version you've shown in the latest screenshots available for download anywhere or are you teasing us sadistically?

1. VB (I'm a noob)
2. It's closed source
3. I'm teasing you sadistically :devil:

What would be cool is an online feature (aka saving notes to the cloud). Really be very easy to implement if it's something you would consider looking at and need an help let me know.

I'll look into it - thanks :)

#389 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 05 March 2013 - 21:49

1. VB (I'm a noob)

Lol the ever-persistent myth of VB == noob (VB = noob for you VB guys - noobs :rofl:).

Anyway without so much as a line of code to look at I shall have to patiently wait until you release something then, you sadistic freak

#390 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 22:20

Oh man, the teasing. I had to stop using the current version because as far as I can tell there's no way to save your notes. I had a nice long note written out for all my system's current firmware build levels that I'm working on, then I rebooted and it was gone! :laugh:

B9 looks to be much more feature complete. Anxiously awaiting a new build to use with custom fonts, better formatting, and the note manager. Keep up the good work.