Photo

Do you prefer longer or shorter games?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you prefer longer or shorter games?

Do you prefer longer or shorter games?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,639 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 14:09

Long, especially open world games where i can do what i want in any order i want.

+1

#32 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,799 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 16:38

yeah BC2 SP sucked imo.

hated the way the changed all the characters. haggard was no longer as funny. all he did was cuss and stuff. which is what i hated, they cussed way to much.

You silly god-damned muffin-headed ****in' liberal.

#33 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

• 5,939 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 15 April 2010 - 17:13

You silly god-damned muffin-headed ****in' liberal.

You poopy head!

#34 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,641 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 17:16

I like long single player or co-op games myself. Why I liked Fallout and the Mass Effect series. When you starting adding multiplayer, the single player tends to get left behind while all the details goes to MP.

#35 Napalm Frog

Napalm Frog

Neowinian Senior

• 2,566 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 17:18

I think for a shooter, 10-15 hours is great. I just don't have the time anymore like I did back in high school to pull 6h sessions. For RPGs, though, 30 hours is pretty good. These focus a lot more on story than shooters, so the length is required to get that "epic" feeling. However, with games like Final Fantasy, I'm starting to think it's way over the top. Especially for a completionist like me.

Sad thing is, most shooters are getting shorter and shorter. I remember when I borrowed MW2 from my little brother (who plays online religiously), and was surprised he would let me play it. Sat down after lunch, beat it by dinner... Damned short, and now I know why he didn't care I took it for a few hours, lol.

#36 John.

John.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,912 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 17:22

For me it depends on what genre it is. I don't want an FPS being too long (MW2 was just about right, maybe a tad on the short side), but RPGs like Mass Effect I want to be as long as possible without being repetitive. ME2 wasn't long enough, and IMO only served as the middle child for the epic ME3 in a couple of years, but we'll see.

#37 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

• 5,939 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 15 April 2010 - 17:22

My wife likes short and thick Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#38 svnO.o

svnO.o

Programmer & Web Developer

• 1,801 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 17:24

Longer games as long as the majority of the time isn't spent level grinding / doing repetitive tasks (like in MMOs).

#39 itzwolf

itzwolf

Neowinian

• 1,167 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:39

I prefer longer games in general but they have to keep you interested the whole time. I'm not a big gamer in general but I can't stand spending decent money on a game and finishing it and then saying "that was it??"

#40 Elessar

Elessar

Professional Daydreamer

• 1,893 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:14

Longer if RPG, shorter if action/adventure.

#41 +KoL

KoL

Javier Ocasio

• 9,914 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:22

Longer games like FFXIII. I've spend 70+ in it and I still have a few missions to do. I really enjoyed it and I'm going to play it again soon (well in a few months).

#42 Elessar

Elessar

Professional Daydreamer

• 1,893 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:23

Longer games like FFXIII. I've spend 70+ in it and I still have a few missions to do. I really enjoyed it and I'm going to play it again soon (well in a few months).

65 hours in Fallout 3 for me and that doesn't include any of the DLC :D Loved that game.

#43 Icarus ^i^

Icarus ^i^

amazing bicycle repairman

• 1,445 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 19:25

I prefer stuff that takes time.. clocked 120hrs in Fallout3, can't wait for New Vegas.. and I hope Old Republic will keep me hooked for half a decade :p

#44 deletedxyz

deletedxyz

Neowinian Senior

• 3,166 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 19:32

35+ hour video RPG's are my favorite. Bioware should up the amount of gameplay from 25 to 35.

#45 +BoneyardBrew

BoneyardBrew

Photoshop Junkie

• 2,026 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 16 April 2010 - 20:13

I'm pretty much on the same boat as everyone else. If it's long, but contains unique, fun content, I'm all for it.

If it's long because it's boring and repetitive and you find yourself completing the same tasks over and over again, it would have benefited from being shorter.