Kick Ass!

I loved this film. Much better then I expected, definitely a 10/10. I bet the parents of Chloe were cringing at some her language hehe but I thought her acting was brilliant.

Ps. Anyone know the tune when

in the warehouse, she blinds the thugs with the light attached to her gun and starts shooting them?

Same tune that is in 28 Weeks Later when dude leaves his wife in that house as he is running towards that boat.

Had its moments but not worth a purchase. I rented it and probably wont watch it again.

rable! rable! rable! rable! rable! rable!

I saw it yesterday and I didn't like it at all and my girlfriend fell asleep on the 15-th minute. 2 hours of my life were irreversibly lost.

The fight scene in the drug dealers flat with Hit-Girl was awesome, and the music that went with it, amazing. Nick Cage nailed the part too, loved it.

10/10

the action scenes were great, and the rest of the movie was just hilarious.

saw it opening day, but never posted about it.

same here, thought it was a great movie :D

It wasn't on par with stuff like The Hangover, Borat, Apatow's best, etc.

You're right, it was above :rofl:

Just watched it again, I can't believe how good it is.

Just saw it. 3.5/10

I thought after the 10-15 first min. that movie was produced by The Asylum http://www.imdb.com/company/co0043571/ :-)

The last 30 min (out of 112 min) get 7/10 for the action. The first 82 min 0/10.

There is no interesting plot. Boring dialog. No acting what-so-ever. Lame special effects.....

It is a see it forget it movie.

The one positive aspect of this movie is : Chloë Grace Moretz .

• 1 month later...

What an amazing film, just seen it tonight, its now one of my fav films, nic cage was awesome in it, and the soundtrack....wow just wow...was just faultless for me, especially the use on the score from Sunshine with the fire scene

For me the film lives up to its name

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw it last night. Amazing movie! Came in with little to no expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised. Will definitely be watching this one again.

9/10 - Plus the music that went along with it suited it perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

Kick-Ass was a good movie, but I am honestly absolutely amazed at all the people saying 9 or 10 out of 10, or "movie of the year!" It wasn't anything near that. There were many obvious flaws with the movie.

For one, the main actor, Aaron Johnson, is one of the worst leads I've ever seen in a major motion picture. His acting was pathetic. Chloe Moretz, on the other hand, really carried the movie with her performance. I also thought Nicolas Cage was far better than some of the other posters here are letting on -- he fit the movie perfectly. He was somewhat offbeat, as intended, and really gave you a "what the hell is he thinking?!" kind of vibe, which is how the character was written.

The first three-fourths of the movie seemed to drag on. It tried to give exposition for the movie, but it really didn't help grow attached to any of the characters (besides Hit Girl/Mindy). The action in the end almost made up for it, as it was amazingly well choreographed and shot. Similarly, the sets used for the movie were gorgeous, as was the actual photography -- the colors really popped out, giving it that comic book vibe (but not in a cheap cartoony kind of way).

Overall, it was a good movie, but it really needed more emphasis on the action -- especially since the humor was almost non-existent. The premise was funny, there were a few funny lines (mostly courtesy of Moretz) and some offbeat characters, but the comedy really didn't do much for the film, despite the trailers trying to sell it as a comedy movie with some action thrown in. If it had a better lead and some better pacing (it was very back-heavy in terms of entertainment), it could've been one of the best films of the year. But even still, it was a good flick. If anything, it was a great audition for the director, Matthew Vaughn, and I really can't wait to see what he does with X-Men.

3.5/5

Overall, it was a good movie, but it really needed more emphasis on the action -- especially since the humor was almost non-existent. The premise was funny, there were a few funny lines (mostly courtesy of Moretz) and some offbeat characters, but the comedy really didn't do much for the film, despite the trailers trying to sell it as a comedy movie with some action thrown in. If it had a better lead and some better pacing (it was very back-heavy in terms of entertainment), it could've been one of the best films of the year. But even still, it was a good flick. If anything, it was a great audition for the director, Matthew Vaughn, and I really can't wait to see what he does with X-Men.

3.5/5

I was laughing my ass off most of the movie, and when I wasn't I was watching awesome action scenes, I don't know how people could not love this movie.

Kick-Ass was a good movie, but I am honestly absolutely amazed at all the people saying 9 or 10 out of 10, or "movie of the year!" It wasn't anything near that. There were many obvious flaws with the movie.

Considering the vast majority of the films released so far this year have been utter **** IMO, this easy makes my favorite film of the year so far. It was hilarious and had some awesome action scenes. It was pure entertainment for me, every scene.

To each their own though :)

I was laughing my ass off most of the movie, and when I wasn't I was watching awesome action scenes, I don't know how people could not love this movie.

I said it was good, I just don't love it. I'm not really sure what was funny about the movie. The first 30 minutes had some funny parts, I gladly admit that (again, Chloe stole the show in those parts, too), but after that there really wasn't anything funny.

Considering the vast majority of the films released so far this year have been utter **** IMO, this easy makes my favorite film of the year so far. It was hilarious and had some awesome action scenes. It was pure entertainment for me, every scene.

To each their own though :)

Oh, I definitely agree that most films this year have been crap. But I can think of plenty better (in no particular order) -- Inception, Splice, Toy Story 3, Iron Man 2, Get Him to the Greek, Despicable Me, The Ghost Writer, etc. At least those are the ones I would personally rate better off the top of my head from this year.

I agree with you Ayepecks Nicholas Cage & Chloe Moretz definitely carried it for lack of quality on the part of Aaron Johnson. But to be honest I thought that it was more of an intention to portray him more as a loser type that was in a world he didn't belong.

• 4 weeks later...

I loved this film. Much better then I expected, definitely a 10/10. I bet the parents of Chloe were cringing at some her language hehe but I thought her acting was brilliant.

Ps. Anyone know the tune when

in the warehouse, she blinds the thugs with the light attached to her gun and starts shooting them?

Thats, Strobe (Adagio in D Minor) by John Murphy found on the Kick Ass Score.