Opera 10.53 Build 3374 Final

opera_o.gifDiscover the new standard in Web browsing! Opera lets you surf the Internet in a safer, faster, and easier way. One of the most full-featured Internet power tools on the market, it includes pop-up blocking, tabbed browsing, integrated searches, and advanced functions like Opera's groundbreaking E-mail program, RSS Newsfeeds and IRC chat. You can customize the look and content of your browser with a few clicks of the mouse.

Opera started out as a research project in Norway's largest telecom company, Telenor, in 1994, and branched out into an independent development company named Opera Software ASA in 1995. Opera Software develops the Opera Web browser, a high-quality, multi-platform product for a wide range of platforms, operating systems and embedded Internet products.

Opera is known as the fastest and smallest full-featured browser, a first choice for people using older PCs and Windows 95 and a brilliant alternative to the default IE from Microsoft. Opera, first of all, is client World Wide Web, that is the program for extraction of the information from WWW as the documents created with help HyperText Markup Language (language of a marking of hypertext HTML)

DOWNLOAD HERE

Are you sure it's Final and not just an RC? The Build 3374 RC has been released just yesterday... surely it'd take more than 24 hours of testing to see if it's good enough for Final?

It's final. Most of the time they go from RC to final in less than 24 hours.

Changelog:

• Fixed CORE-29447 (Possible vulnerability (SA39590: Writing Uninitialised Memory Vulnerability))
  • Fixed CORE-28262 (Fixed order of dialog.ini loading to make the one in the custom folder work)
  • Fixed CARAKAN-1278 (Freeze on Google Maps)

Wow, didn't 10.52 final just come out on the 26th-27th? (was posted earlier via FTP like this one, but wasn't officially announced until a day later)

Yes, this release was to address a know security issue and I'm not sure it's a final as other have posted.

It's not RC. It has been confirmed as the final build by Haavard, with the announcement being expected tomorrow.

Opera 10.53 Released ? Fixes Highly Critical Security Vulnerability

Opera software has pushed through another update to its desktop browser. Opera 10.53 is expected to be officially released tomorrow and is a recommended security and stability update.

Opera 10.53 fixes a possibly highly critical vulnerability, which was pointed out by Secunia. This vulnerability affects Opera 10.52 for Windows and may be used by hackers to execute malicious code. This release also fixes a few other issues including freeze-ups on Google Maps. It is not clear as to what has changed in Opera 10.53 for Mac.

In related news, Opera has also released a Beta Release Candidate i.e. a build that is almost as good as Beta, for UNIX. Although this build has some known issues including lack of support for Java and font issues with certain TrueType fonts, it is generally considered usable enough for everyday use. Download it if you love to test new products, but don?t use it as your only browser.

Source

I'm guessing they'll keep on the 10.5x path until they have something new to introduce in 10.6x. Geolocation and hardware acceleration are left.

I think i will wait for the next final...

Vouch this.

I tend to stay away from the RC's of Opera. From past experience i find them to be pretty buggy.

I'll wait for the next final too.

Vouch this.

I tend to stay away from the RC's of Opera. From past experience i find them to be pretty buggy.

I'll wait for the next final too.

10.53 IS a final build now, it appears on the autoupdate and its what you download by default when you choose to download Opera.

But, I also plan to wait until the next final build......I do not like changing my system constantly, and I just updated to 10.52 the other day, the security vulnerability I view as a low issue as 99% of the sites I visit are reputable sites that have never been known to have viruses. So, I will put it on hold until the next final build, if that means my system is slightly more vulnerable until then, than so be it...

But, I also plan to wait until the next final build......I do not like changing my system constantly

It doesn't change anything. It fixes a security hole.

another bad release

broken on meebo, was probably a rush to try and fix the facebook issue, amazing how many sites this thing breaks on, and how bad their doing keeping up with their per-site hacks to make it work

another bad release

broken on meebo, was probably a rush to try and fix the facebook issue, amazing how many sites this thing breaks on, and how bad their doing keeping up with their per-site hacks to make it work

I always have to wonder what kind of sites people are going to that opera doesn't work properly with. I have no issues, in fact the college's website now (since 10.52) works properly on Opera and that was the only thing either me or my girlfriend have ever come across that didn't work properly aside from some pages in notpron