Microsoft MSN 9 leaks onto the Interweb

AN EARLY VERSION of MSN 9 has found its way onto the Internet, according to a report from Windows watcher Neowin.

The early build of MSN Explorer 9.0 is build 9.00.0006.1700 and, Neowin claims, is very similar to MSN Explorer 8 and 8.5.

The site says new features include an anti pop-up blocker, better integration with Windows Explorer, and a traffic report.

Neowin has reviewed the early build and has screenshots of several features of the forthcoming product, which you can see by clicking here

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10330

AN EARLY VERSION of MSN 9 has found its way onto the Internet, according to a report from Windows watcher Neowin.

The early build of MSN Explorer 9.0 is build 9.00.0006.1700 and, Neowin claims, is very similar to MSN Explorer 8 and 8.5.

The site says new features include an anti pop-up blocker, better integration with Windows Explorer, and a traffic report.

Neowin has reviewed the early build and has screenshots of several features of the forthcoming product, which you can see by clicking here

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10330

MSN9 already, geezz

and i am guessing we still aren't gonna get to use this without a pay subscription?

I dont think the MSN program will ever be open to non subscribing members again as paid members are more then willing to beta test new builds so either pay up or go without :shifty:

In the build...it is simply called "Popup Manager".

Works good...the option to display a thumbnail of the popup is rich. Still...even that ends up bugging me when I visit a site that throws up more than one popup.

I'm thinking of turning off the thumbnail...and letting it flash/make a sound for each popup. Sometimes I am on a site that gives me a popup I want to see. I can then just click show most recent popup in the address bar. We'll see if that cuts down on the annoyance factor...but still gives me the freedom to pick a popup that I actually want to see.

Only when AOL does the same, they will.. but either way.. I dont think an "anti pop-up blocker" is what I want.. seriously, why should MSN block my pop-up blocker. LOL j/k

Only when AOL does the same, they will.. but either way.. I dont think an "anti pop-up blocker" is what I want.. seriously, why should MSN block my pop-up blocker. LOL j/k

=)

Anyway, once you've installed this Messenger into Windows XP for instance, can you successfully go into Add/Remove Components and Uninstall it? Without later finding the systray icon appearing mysteriously?

what i did was get a install disc of msn 8 install it and i noticed that there was a new program installed microsft picture it! 7 thats the lastest right so i went to add remove it then deleted the msn folder he he free version of Microsoft Picture it! 7