"Dredd" Judge Dredd Reboot

If the budget is under $50 million, it will be a guaranteed garbage. You cannot make a good sci-fi, high quality visual effects movie with that amount of money these days. If they really want to rock our socks they need to do better than that. This ain't the 1990s.

God, it looks so poor....

The Judge Dredd world and characters are quite visually exaggerated, and I wish they would use effects to make it like that:

Judge_Dredd.jpg

It would be amazing if they did that.

WTF? I am a HUGE fan of the original comic, I have all of the original Eagle comics from the 80s of Judge Dredd and pretty much every spin off (recently thought to myself they may be worth something, worth ****), and it was a dark, moody comic. Almost Sin City esque meets British humor in a weird way. I loved it, as it was especially at the time not much like anything else, and he was just a badass.

judgedredd_tonymoore.jpg

If they followed the tone of the comic, did some of the better storylines from it as there was quite a few, do not see how they could mess this movie up, yet somehow it looks like they are. Visual style is nothing like the original comic. What Lampo posted is how it needs to start being done.

Think this is another flop honestly. Unless the budget is astronomical, I think an all CGI film would serve the source material 1000 times better. A dude walking around in this costume in reality in 2012, just looks a bit cheesy IMO. Hope I am wrong, would love for it to be great.

I think the shoulder eagle is how it should of been in the comics.

Still got my 2000ad edition 1 (with frisbee) & edition 2 (when dredd appears). :D

1995 movie was fantastic. Judges, mega cities, guns, cursed earth cannibals, blood, broken bones, a relic war robot that could kick Titan the Robot's ass, Armand as a complete psychotic. Only bit that sucked ass was Rob Schneider.

• 3 weeks later...

Because the first film was crap, I'm a lot less bothered by this. But whats up with the upcoming Amazing Spiderman "reboot"? I don't think there has been enough time since the last film to make a fresh one.

That helmet should be much much smaller on his head. I mean, what ever about the rest of the suit looking silly, that helmet with that face looks hilariously bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Aslong as it isn't the same story as the Stallone one then I couldn't give a hoot they wrote a **** ton of dredd comics so there's plenty of stuff to choose from but if it's just a rehash then forget it I'll most likely just download it instead of paying to see it if it's just a rehash