[Dev Channel] Google Chrome 6.0.401.1 (for Mac OS X and Windows)

Google has silently updated the developer channel of Chrome to 6.0.401.1 - for Mac OS X and Windows. There's no update for the Linux version yet.

There is no change log on the Google Chrome Releases blog though. I haven't really noticed any visible changes besides the version number yet either. If any of you notice any new features or fixes compared to the old version - please post them in this thread.

Download: Google Chrome 6.0.401.1 | Mac

Edit: Whoops. Only just now saw the other thread about this; can a moderator please delete this or merge the threads?

I found something new: When I'm using Twitter.com as a pinned tab and get a new Tweet, there's a kind of pulsating light going over the tab. I'm thinking that this is a new thing for all tabs, for when a tab needs your attention.

I found something new: When I'm using Twitter.com as a pinned tab and get a new Tweet, there's a kind of pulsating light going over the tab. I'm thinking that this is a new thing for all tabs, for when a tab needs your attention.

It used to grew large earlier , dunno about this lightning effect

.^That was only when you hovered it, right? Plus, that has been removed from the dev-builds for quite a while now. I think that the pulsating light fits very well. It's like the light in the progressbar you see when you're copying something.

I wish it did this all the time, not just if the tab is pinned.

The Dev channel has been updated to 6.0.401.1 for Windows, Linux and Mac platforms

All

Don?t prepend scheme on copying an incomplete hostname. (Issue 43585)

Windows

Much better display/eliding of RTL and mixed-direction strings in the omnibox dropdown. (Issue 41716)

Linux

Make sure scheme is prepended to addresses that are cut (as opposed to copied) from the omnibox. (Issue 43569)

Fixed rendering of monospaced fonts on Linux (Issue 43252)

Known Issues

Hitting enter in some form fields does not submit the form. This will be fixed in the next Dev release.

More details about additional changes are available in the svn log of all revisions. 

You can find out about getting on the Dev channel here: http://dev.chromium.org/getting-involved/dev-channel.

If you find new issues, please let us know by filing a bug at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/entry

Karen Grunberg

Google Chrome

Chromium OS is now at 6.0.404.0. I checked the build number while I was running the copy I built yesterday and was a bit surprised at that as I wasn't aware we were past version 5 either.

Significant features after 1st beta

Themes + Extensions + Performance and (?)

anyways , i think this will be actually 2nd MAJOR release (1st was when it got extensions)

At this rate, I think they'll reach version 9 by the time IE 9 is released. :rofl:

No kidding, they went from 5.0.396.0 to 6.0.401.1 in a week?

Maybe they want the largest version number of any browser, next week Chrome version 10.5.601.0 - take that Opera 10.54!

No kidding, they went from 5.0.396.0 to 6.0.401.1 in a week?

Maybe they want the largest version number of any browser, next week Chrome version 10.5.601.0 - take that Opera 10.54!

I expect the beta channel is ready to be released and awaiting the final release of Flash 10.1.

Just curious as I've had this issue plaguing me for a few releases it seems...

//XP Professional 32-bit, latest Dev build.

Anyway, it's an issue with Gmail. Two actually. The first problem I'm having is that when I go to compose an email and begin typing the user's address, it displays a drop down box as usual. But I cannot click the drop box or even use the keyboard to auto-complete the address.

The second issue is that when attaching a document, it doesn't show it did anything. Can't even click Attach to attach it again. End up saving the email as a draft, and reopening it to see the document is already attached.

Never had these issues in earlier versions of Chrome. Think only with Chrome 5/6.

Anyone else notice these problems?

I pinned Gmail and went out for a bit. I came back and there's a glowing/flashing animation for the Gmail tab. Cool!

I expect the beta channel is ready to be released and awaiting the final release of Flash 10.1.

Indeed. They bump the dev/beta to the next number when the current beta is ready to go gold

Just curious as I've had this issue plaguing me for a few releases it seems...

//XP Professional 32-bit, latest Dev build.

Anyway, it's an issue with Gmail. Two actually. The first problem I'm having is that when I go to compose an email and begin typing the user's address, it displays a drop down box as usual. But I cannot click the drop box or even use the keyboard to auto-complete the address.

The second issue is that when attaching a document, it doesn't show it did anything. Can't even click Attach to attach it again. End up saving the email as a draft, and reopening it to see the document is already attached.

Never had these issues in earlier versions of Chrome. Think only with Chrome 5/6.

Anyone else notice these problems?

Neither issue occurs here, only difference is that I'm running Win7.

I suppose you've tried a hard refresh [CTRL+F5] already?

Try deleting internet history and cache under the options menu - clear browsing data..