BBC's Luther

Anybody watch this on BBC1???

I just began watching it, and its just brilliant. Takes the best bits from shows like Dexter, Law and Order and spins them into one great show........

That red head is just awesome, even though she did you know what :blink: :blink:

I have watched the first 2 and really like it, I like to wait to watch it on iplayer as it clashes with other things but its really good!

I see a trailer about this looks really good!! Will be downloading first two episodes tonight, loved Idris in The Wire!

Shame he got killed off I thought he was gonna be a business man as well! Once your deep in the game your never getting out I guess!

Watched it on the PS the other day, the first episode, and yeah... it seems really good for being of this age! I need to see episode 2 now, thanks for reminding!

Watched it on the PS the other day, the first episode, and yeah... it seems really good for being of this age! I need to see episode 2 now, thanks for reminding!

Same man setting RSS feed up as we speak! :D

• 2 weeks later...

cant wait for next week's final season 1 episode

This is really really cool!

for those who still havent seen it, WATCH IT

if you like/love dexter, you'll like this too, its DAMN good

cant wait for next week's final season 1 episode

This is really really cool!

for those who still havent seen it, WATCH IT

if you like/love dexter, you'll like this too, its DAMN good

Ive watched the first 2 episodes and WOW I am hooked!! Watched it on BBC iPlayer, didn't realise they had HD on there as well its brilliant! Its a shame the first season is only 6 episodes :(

What?! Only 6 episodes... :( That sucks. But well, if people like it, I'm sure another season will pop up shortly... right, right?

What?! Only 6 episodes... :( That sucks. But well, if people like it, I'm sure another season will pop up shortly... right, right?

I bloody hope so its a great show, so shocked Idris is british I really thought he was american when I see him in The Wire its crazy!!!

I F***ing love this show!

I'd rather a longer season of this than having 20+ episode seasons of some American shows I watch.

Latest episode was amazing, I was genuinely shocked for the last 5 minutes... which very few shows do for me.

Excellent show... may the series carry on and carry on with the same amazing writing.

(Y)

I suppose one of the reasons it's good is because it's short. It doesn't have to be watered down... cannot wait for ep 6. :D

• 2 months later...

Sherlock has been recommissioned for a second series, BBC One Controller Jay Hunt has confirmed. The show, which launched to over 7.5m viewers in July, will return for three new 90-minute episodes in Autumn 2011. Crime drama Luther will also return with two, two-hour specials.

Talking of the recommissions, Hunt said: "Sherlock was the hit of the Summer; Luther, the most memorable new detective on the block. I am delighted they will both be returning to BBC One."

Sherlock co-creators Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat added: "We've been overwhelmed by the warmth of response to our new Sherlock Holmes and John Watson and can't wait to take them on three new adventures next year.

"There'll be baffling new puzzles, old friends and new enemies - whether on two, or four legs. And we might well be seeing the cold master of logic and reason unexpectedly falling. But in love? Or over a precipice? Who can tell?"

This is the one big problem with iPlayer - the content doesn't stop on for long enough. I didn't found out about Luther until a few eps from the end, at which point the first episode had been taken offline. What with Sherlock, Lost (all six seasons), BTTF, an iPod Touch, and possibly an iTV to buy in the next few months, I'd rather not buy something "blind", lest my debit card explode :)