official fps natural selection 2 unknown worlds pc

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#31 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 26 July 2010 - 23:04

How do I even dl it, I don't see it on steam store?

#32 OP Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 July 2010 - 23:06

How do I even dl it, I don't see it on steam store?

You have to own the Special Edition from here.
Then you add that code to Steam and it will download. Then you have to wait another 2 hours for them to mail the Alpha activation codes to play it.

#33 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 July 2010 - 23:07

Yeah I forgot to activate the code. dling now.

#34 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 00:38

Yeah I definitely expect the alpha to be super buggy (probably better than the moh beta though LOL) but the game looks really cool and I want to get a taste of what the gameplay is like as I never played the first. And I like testing software and reporting bugs ;). I like the model they are using for the alpha testing, updates every couple of weeks sounds great and they seem really intent on listening to all user feedback.

edit: timers been up for 10 mins and no code :(

#35 OP Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:17

Yeah I definitely expect the alpha to be super buggy (probably better than the moh beta though LOL) but the game looks really cool and I want to get a taste of what the gameplay is like as I never played the first. And I like testing software and reporting bugs ;). I like the model they are using for the alpha testing, updates every couple of weeks sounds great and they seem really intent on listening to all user feedback.

edit: timers been up for 10 mins and no code :(

http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve

Go there, enter your email, and it will send you the email. Use the Black Armor key to activate your Alpha.

#36 MindTrickz

MindTrickz

That's no way to treat a lady!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:29

I came into this thread from the front page thinking that it was about Evolution. I am disappointed.

#37 Evolution

Evolution

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:00

Whenever I join a server with three green bars for ping, it changes to one red dot when I'm actually playing on it. The game is a little laggy.... and sometimes I get stuck on connecting to the server. I think I'll try again tomorrow.

#38 OP Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:22

Yeah it seems quite buggy right now, anyone else have a super laggy mouse? My friend and I both have horrible mouse lag which makes it virtually unplayable (and hard to test).

#39 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:51

Yeah its basically unplayable right now. Massive mouse/movement lag. Also loading into servers takes like 5 minutes.

#40 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:47

Another FPS.

How original. :rolleyes:

#41 OP Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:10

Another FPS.

How original. :rolleyes:

It is quite original, one team uses a class-based system (each class is completely different) while another team uses a weapon-based system (same health and abilities for each person, but different weapons and armor). Its like a cross between TF2 and CS in terms of gameplay, but its balanced very well (or at least, the original was, so I expect the sequel to be equally balanced).

Not to mention it also has a few RTS elements.

Its far from "another FPS" compared to every other FPS thats out there.

#42 Evolution

Evolution

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:36

I didn't realize that they added an "alien commander" to the game, restricting what gorges can build to hydras alone. I guess the game is trying to get rid of the idea of mass gorging ;)

#43 OP Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:41

I didn't realize that they added an "alien commander" to the game, restricting what gorges can build to hydras alone. I guess the game is trying to get rid of the idea of mass gorging ;)

Gorges will be able to build Hydras (offensive tower), "Crags" (defensive tower?), and Shades (Cloak Tower) and possibly others. Only the Hydras are implemented at the mooment though. The alien commander from what I understand drops Resource Towers, and sends small units out to build those resource towers. Those small units (there some kind of small flying bug thing or something) can also apparently turn into eggs that aliens can spawn out of (if I understand the full concept behind them, that is).

They wanted to normalize the resource model, which is why they added the alien commander, the commander will basically handle the resources so you do not have everyone going gorge at the beginning of the game to help build (and therefore having much lowered offensive). Now that Marines do not build the buildings (the commanders builder bot does), they needed to change aliens in a way that the marines could not easily just rush and dominate the group of gorges trying to get set up.

#44 OP Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:15

Yeah its basically unplayable right now. Massive mouse/movement lag.

Try forcing vsync off in your settings if its not already. I did that and I went from being unable to look at the map as skulk, to being able to aim enough to get around pretty good.

In short, huge difference. Still feels a bit slow, but not nearly as bad.

#45 +SoapyHamHocks

SoapyHamHocks

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:21

Try forcing vsync off in your settings if its not already. I did that and I went from being unable to look at the map as skulk, to being able to aim enough to get around pretty good.

In short, huge difference. Still feels a bit slow, but not nearly as bad.

Wow thanks for the tip! Getting 30-40fps :D