[Win 7] I can't pin anything to Windows Explorer

post-151617-12844013524033.png

I did have a few folders pinned on there before, but all of a sudden, they've disappeared, and now I can't pin anything to Explorer. I just tried pinning a song to iTunes and that worked, so it looks like it's just Explorer that's affected. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Happened to me as well before, something got corrupted i guess. the solution below worked for me.

Open windows explorer and paste the following in the address bar

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations

Im not sure which one is for windows explorer, you could delete the files which are bigger then 1mb or just delete all the files in there. restart, or kill explorer.exe and reenable it.

Note: if you delete all the files, then all the jumplists will be reset and you will need to pin the items again.

Happened to me as well before, something got corrupted i guess. the solution below worked for me.

Open windows explorer and paste the following in the address bar

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations

Im not sure which one is for windows explorer, you could delete the files which are bigger then 1mb or just delete all the files in there. restart, or kill explorer.exe and reenable it.

Note: if you delete all the files, then all the jumplists will be reset and you will need to pin the items again.

Thank you! That sorted it out! :)

• 4 weeks later...