Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

664969319.jpg

You may have guessed, you may have assumed it, but until now we hadn't had confirmation from the studio or the man himself that Christopher Nolan would be back to direct Batman 3 / The Dark Knight 2 (or whatever we're calling it). But our Dan Jolin talked to the man himself earlier today, and got it straight from Nolan himself.

"It?s becoming inevitable, I?ll put it that way," says Nolan. "I feel myself falling into it, I guess. And getting it all figured out and I?m pretty excited about what we?re doing so? If I haven?t announced it, I think that people probably all know at this point that I?m doing it."

Hang on, that's not 100% clear: so we can safely assume you're directing?

"I think you can at this point, yes."

So as of right now, Nolan will return. You may also have spotted the "getting it all figured out" there: when we asked Nolan what he was busy with as we called, the answer was that he's working on Jonathan Nolan's script for the film. In other words, there is a script! Things are slowly taking shape!

Source

(There's a previous thread that was getting to big with rumours so made this one for news!)

Shocking! I never expected this! Amazing!

Is that enough? lol Sorry, I thought TDK was a great film but it wasn't the second coming of movies either. Seems a ton of people thought TDK was like, Christ reborn as a film or something :D

Shocking! I never expected this! Amazing!

Is that enough? lol Sorry, I thought TDK was a great film but it wasn't the second coming of movies either. Seems a ton of people thought TDK was like, Christ reborn as a film or something :D

TDK was something different from the current Hollywood re-hash of films. We rarely get good films and while it might not of been "Christ reborn" as you put it, I'm just thankful that it was a great film!

I think the only reason why people love TDK so much is because of you know who. I mean, he won the oscar after all. Not that I'm saying he didn't deserve it, or that it was a bad performance, but the movie worked because of the entire puzzle coming together. Plus, as you said it wasn't the usual rehash of things before it (though it didn't really do anything "new" so to speak either). and had some really great action scenes of course.

I just hope that Christian Bale tones down the grumbling of his voice when he speaks as Batman in 3. I mean, come on it was horrible in spots lol

I want some cool villains. No catwoman, no penguin, no mr freeze. Give us like clayface or someone we haven't seen in a cheesier batman movie. Or even make a live action Red Hood... but of course, we haven't even had a robin yet.

Sadly, Batman doesn't have many "realistic" villians they could portray. Nolan has said no to Robin (but then again, who knows) and that they want to keep the villians as realistic as possible. Penguin I could see done (a less cheesy version of Penguin from Batman Returns for example could work), as can a Catwoman (kinda). Mr Freeze is out there, way out there for what this series wants to do I think.

After those guys, there just aren't many "known" or popular enough villians to use on screen. Maybe they could introduce one in Batman 3 and then do a full on movie with them in Batman 4. Personally I'd love to see Bane as a villian. He's not supernatural or from another planet or a mutant or anything. Just enhanced by human expieriments. Certainly in the realm of possibility I think. Plus, they have Scarecrow they could always bring back, again :p

Sadly, Batman doesn't have many "realistic" villians they could portray. Nolan has said no to Robin (but then again, who knows) and that they want to keep the villians as realistic as possible. Penguin I could see done (a less cheesy version of Penguin from Batman Returns for example could work), as can a Catwoman (kinda). Mr Freeze is out there, way out there for what this series wants to do I think.

After those guys, there just aren't many "known" or popular enough villians to use on screen. Maybe they could introduce one in Batman 3 and then do a full on movie with them in Batman 4. Personally I'd love to see Bane as a villian. He's not supernatural or from another planet or a mutant or anything. Just enhanced by human expieriments. Certainly in the realm of possibility I think. Plus, they have Scarecrow they could always bring back, again :p

I'd love a scarecrow done right film. It would have to be just really twisted and even darker. They should bring him back, along with like the riddler.... where they somehow trap batman in a place, and while he is tripping, must escape and capture them....

Awsome news. I feel sad that this will have to be a film without Heath Ledger, though I'm not sure the Joker would be in this film even if Heath were still alive. Look forward to seeing the film =]

Here's what I think should happen-

Riddler should be a psychopath killer. Much like the Zodiac killer, leaving clue behind and stuff. My thought is it should be played by Ralph Fiennes (think Red Dragon).

The Penguin should be a corporate guy that is shoulder deep in all the bad stuff. He'd be more of a side villian. Should be played by Philip Seymore Hoffman (think M:I3).

They should conclude the trilogy in a nice wrapped up package, but leave it up for more down the road. The next Batman film should be Batman close to retirement with Nightwing taking over. I think this would be pretty BA.

Here's what I think should happen-

Riddler should be a psychopath killer. Much like the Zodiac killer, leaving clue behind and stuff. My thought is it should be played by Ralph Fiennes (think Red Dragon).

The Penguin should be a corporate guy that is shoulder deep in all the bad stuff. He'd be more of a side villian. Should be played by Philip Seymore Hoffman (think M:I3).

They should conclude the trilogy in a nice wrapped up package, but leave it up for more down the road. The next Batman film should be Batman close to retirement with Nightwing taking over. I think this would be pretty BA.

So in other words, you think the Riddler should be something he's not? Look at the past movies, Nolan does add a bit of a darker twist on the villains, but fundamentally, they're still the same villain inside.

And, Nightwing, is Robin, and Christopher Nolan has said time and time again Robin does not exist in his Batman Universe.

Nightwing wasn't just Dick Grayson. IIRC, though, Nolan and Bale are only signed on for a trilogy and Nolan intends to conclude the story with the third film.

So in other words, you think the Riddler should be something he's not? Look at the past movies, Nolan does add a bit of a darker twist on the villains, but fundamentally, they're still the same villain inside.

And, Nightwing, is Robin, and Christopher Nolan has said time and time again Robin does not exist in his Batman Universe.

Why does he not want Robin to exist? Because he doesn't want a kid cheesing up the place. Skip ahead 20 years, and he's an adult. It's a completely different story. I'm not really saying what I think will happen, I just think it would be cool. It would be a great transition for future Batman films.

As for the Riddler, It would alter a bit by making him a murderer instead of just doing petty theft or stealing intelligence with blenders. I think the silly side of him would have to go anyways. That definitely wouldn't fit in with the Nolan universe. He'd still test everyone's intelligence. It would actually be some sort of detective work in the series. If it's not something like this, I would love to see the Hush storyline.

Nightwing wasn't just Dick Grayson. IIRC, though, Nolan and Bale are only signed on for a trilogy and Nolan intends to conclude the story with the third film.

This is what I've heard too. Which is why I'd rather forward the timeline by 20 or so years, because different actors will be in it, most likely. And they'd be able to tell the older Batman stories. I seriously doubt this would happen, but a geek likes to geek out every now and then.