Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

I see this clayface being old style as well. Most likely being able to just disguise and impersonate anyone, oor maybe it will be a guy who has a face so messed up he can manipulate it like clay lol.

New joker?

The character will probably get a mention at most in the next one.

Yeah, even if they did plan to bring him back I don't think they will now that Heath has died.

Say no to any cartoonish villains in Nolan's Batworld. But after his third & a decade later, maybe DC will reboot the franchise once again. I think the next Batman films will be more stylish. Enough with this realism crap. I'm getting pretty bored with realistic superhero movies. I want a Batman (or any comic book) movie to look something like 300 or Sin City. Then you could include villains that wouldn't exist in Nolan's Batman universe.

I some what agree. But certainly don't want it to look like 300 or Sin City.

Also I think if you cut out realism, or any kind of logical grounding, you just end up with a goofy story, which is what I find with alot of the comics; I just can't buy into that world.

Chris Nolan is lining up actresses he'll meet for two female lead roles in The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment of the Batfranchise which Warner Bros has dated release on July 20, 2012. I'm told one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain. The actresses are: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley. Nolan is keeping the roles under wraps, just the way that he did when he drafted his Inception star Tom Hardy to come aboard to likely play a villain. Deadline broke that story October 13. I'm still not sure what the role is and I believe Hardy took the job without knowing or reading a script that's still being tweaked.

inb4 the same people who bitched about "that prettyboi gay cowboy" playing the joker complaining about the choices. Hell at this point Chris Nolan could re-cast Batman with Chris Colfer, and I'd buy it.

As you all know, Christopher Nolan only shot certain scenes of The Dark Knight Returns in full IMAX. We figured he would do the same thing with his third Batman film The Dark Knight Rises, but it sounds like he's going to take it to a whole new level of awesomeness, by shooting the entire film in IMAX! Oh, hell yeah!

Here's what inside sources had to say:

I?m hearing that Nolan will try and shoot The Dark Knight Rises totally in IMAX. I?ve heard that IMAX has been quietly developing a smaller, less intrusive camera that will be able to handle dialogue scenes. If the camera is finished in time, expect Nolan to use it.

SRiaI.jpg

It has been reported that Tom Hardy may play villain Hugo Strange in the highly anticipated third installment of Chris Nolan's Batman series. According to ComicBookMovie and Batman-News, Hardy will play Strange in the film. This information is from a source that has been correct with their hunches in the past, so take the news for what it is at the moment.

Their source was correct when they stated that The Riddler would not be the villain in the film. That same source stated that Rachel Weisz and Anne Hathaway were in the running for the lead prior to the list being posted, so there is a definite merit to this information.

Here is a little info about Proffesor Hugo Strange. Strange is considered to be a genius in many scientific fields, a master criminal strategist as well as being skilled at hand-to-hand combat. He is obsessed with Batman and his mind and so he often dresses as him to prove himself better.

The Dark Knight Rises will be released on July 20, 2012. This role actually sounds spot on for Hardy who was great in Bronson. Hardy is such a strong actor because he is versatile. I believe he would be a great fit for this role. What are your thoughts?

I just hyperventilated reading Nolan may be thinking about Clayface.

I smegging LOVE the Clayface story and would LOVE to see Nolan's take on it.

Don't we know by now that Nolan likes to keep things "realistic".

I'd be pretty damn surprised if he used any such character.

Don't we know by now that Nolan likes to keep things "realistic".

I'd be pretty damn surprised if he used any such character.

That's exactly why it'd work.

We don't expect it.. so he'd do it and pull it off.

Asked about the project by Empire, Sir Caine said,
Emma [Thomas], the producer, said we?d get the script in January. Christopher said: ?Script in January, shoot in May, finish in November.?

My only hope is before now and the filming that Christian Bale learn that he does not have emphysema and does not have to growl about everything he says.

^ Batman isn't meant to be "human" so using his normal voice would be stupid. Although he could scale it back a tad.

I'd love it after Nolan's films if they took Batman down the whole Arkham Asylum route. Sorta over-the-top characters. But still gritty and violent. In the cartoons/comics. Batman was always up against impossible odds. In these films they are just challenging. Never really worried if he will make it or not.

After shooting the third Caped Crusader flick for Christopher Nolan next year, Christian Bale will hang up the cape and cowl for good.

While out doing press for The Fighter?which also gave us the "Mark Walhberg hates The Happening" nugget from yesterday?Bale let slip that The Dark Knight Rises will be his final go-round as the protector of Gotham City:

"I believe, unless Chris (Nolan) says different, this will be the last time I'm playing Batman."

Which also leads us to believe that The Dark Knight Rises will be Nolan's final film in the Batman franchise as well, as we can't imagine the director continuing without his frequent collaborator. Not that Bale knows much of anything Bat-related:

"Chris will let me know what I need to know when I need to know it. I probably know a little bit more than some other people out there, but I think most people would be surprised at how little I do know."

(via Total Film)

In these films they are just challenging. Never really worried if he will make it or not.

That's one of the things I actually see as a direct comparisson to the Micheal Keaton

Batman. There's a scene where the Joker says, "Where does he get all those wonderful

toys?"

Both takes on the series have Batman as basically a better armed/equipped person. Granted,

that's always been Batman's "superpower", but the movies make it seem like he's Superman

going after children- he's SO much more powerful that it's almost a waste of his time to be

a superhero.

My only hope is before now and the filming that Christian Bale learn that he does not have emphysema and does not have to growl about everything he says.

Its actually explained in batman begins that his suit uses a voice changer to disguise it. I personally don't have a problem with it, but it can be funny to make fun of :laugh:

Showbizspy is reporting that "sources" are saying Christopher Nolan is considering using previously unseen footage from Ledgers Joker performance in The Dark Night in the upcoming film The Dark Night Rises.

The idea is to use these fragments of cut scenes and use CGI to have The Joker appear one last time,? reveals a movie insider.

?Chris wants some continuity between movies and for the franchise to pay tribute to Heath and his portrayal of the Joker.

?It would only be a fleeting moment in the movie and would only be included with the full consent of Heath?s family.?

I say if it's short like it sounds and they do a good job with it then it should work out just fine.

We already told you this rumor was unlikely to have any truth whatsoever, but now Warner Bros sources are apparently vehemently denying any possibility of a Joker cameo, using old Heath Ledger footage and/or CG. And, of course, there's the fact that Christopher Nolan was already very definite about not doing it. [Moviefone]