Windows Live Messenger for Zune released

Just released on the Zune App Marketplace: Windows Live Messenger for Zune:

0878.zuneWLM_5F00_37D2A9F5.png

Today a new app for Messenger, one of the most requested apps for the device, was released on the Zune marketplace. The app supports your regular Messenger friends list & chat, as well as a social feed (similar to the desktop client) and Facebook chat.

At the time of writing only a few lucky Zune users can download the app, but it will be made available to all Zune users over the next couple of hours.

You can download it, for free, via the Zune Software on your Zune.

Source: Liveside

Apparently so LOL :/

Good thing is they've confirmed WLM for WP7 :rofl:

:rolleyes:. Guess Zune isnt that much of a huge importance to Microsoft, at least to its Zune devs.

Screenshots

Not sure why the top part of the header is cut off, maybe its scrolled down or something.

Also, I wonder if this is what the WP7 will look like. If it is, then I hope they add chat bubbles instead of just text.

...it seriously took this long from the same company that makes it :blink:.

They released Windows Live 2011 less then 24 hours ago.. seems to be pretty fast to me

Freaking finally. I've been waiting for some sort of chat app for the Zune. Having WLM (which has Facebook built-in) is great. Good to hear WP7 will have this, too.

Screenshots

Not sure why the top part of the header is cut off, maybe its scrolled down or something.

Thats the Zune UI design.

Please, tell me that this is a joke. I just got an iPod touch on Amazon because the lack of messenger on the Zune (and YouTube, but this was the #1) so I now have to live with the biggest POS ever created: iTunes.

OMFG, I even put a Zune on my cart and then deleted it!!

Please, tell me that this is a joke. I just got an iPod touch on Amazon because the lack of messenger on the Zune (and YouTube, but this was the #1) so I now have to live with the biggest POS ever created: iTunes.

OMFG, I even put a Zune on my cart and then deleted it!!

What's stopping you from sending it back? lol

Well, I got it for the half of the price that is costs here at least, because it was shipped to a friend's house who comes to Chile to work on rebuilding my city after the earthquake, so he bring it to me for free :woot:

I guess I'm be getting a Zune HD soon anyway, it seems there is life after WP7 after all.