Process Hacker is a feature-packed tool for manipulating processes and services on your computer.
Key features of Process Hacker:
* A simple, customizable tree view with highlighting showing you the processes running on your computer.
* Detailed system statistics with graphs.
* Advanced features not found in other programs, such as detaching from debuggers, viewing GDI handles, viewing heaps, injecting and unloading DLLs, and more.
* Powerful process termination that bypasses security software and rootkits.
* View, edit and control services, including those not shown by the Services console.
* View and close network connections.
* Starts up almost instantly, unlike other programs.
* Many more features...
Compared with Process Explorer, Process Hacker:
* Implements almost all of the functionality offered by Process Explorer, plus more advanced features.
* Has advanced string scanning capabilities, as well as regular expression filtering.
* Allows you to see what a thread is waiting on.
* Highlights relocated and .NET DLLs.
* Allows you to connect to other sessions, just like Windows Task Manager can.
* Shows symbolic access masks (e.g. Read, Write), rather than just numbers (e.g. 0x12019f).
* Shows names for transaction manager objects and ETW registration objects.
* Shows detailed token information, as well as allowing privileges to be enabled and disabled.
* Shows information for POSIX processes.
* Starts around 5 times faster than Process Explorer.
* Has around 8 times less background CPU usage.
An almost complete feature list for Process Hacker 2:
* View detailed system information and performance graphs
* Configure Process Hacker to alert you when new processes are started, services are created, and other events
* View processes in a tree view with highlighting
* View detailed process statistics and performance graphs
* Process tooltips are detailed and show context-specific information
* Select multiple processes and terminate, suspend or resume them
* (32-bit only) Bypass almost all forms of process protection
* Restart processes
* Empty the working set of processes
* Set affinity, priority and virtualization
* Create process dumps
* Use over a dozen methods to terminate processes
* Detach processes from debuggers
* View process heaps
* View GDI handles
* Inject DLLs
* View DEP status, and even enable/disable DEP
* View environment variables
* View and edit process security descriptors
* View image properties such as imports and exports
* View thread start addresses and stacks with symbols
* Threads are highlighted if suspended, or are GUI threads
* Select multiple threads and terminate, suspend or resume them
* Force terminate threads
* View TEB addresses and view TEB contents
* (32-bit only) Find out what a thread is doing, and what objects it is waiting on
* View and edit thread security descriptors
* View full token details, including user, owner, primary group, session ID, elevation status, and more
* View token groups
* View privileges and even enable, disable or remove them
* View and edit token security descriptors
* View modules and mapped files in one list
* Unload DLLs
* View file properties and open them in Windows Explorer
* View a virtual memory list
* Read and modify memory using a hex editor
* Dump memory to a file
* Free or decommit memory
* Scan for strings
* View process handles, complete with highlighting for attributes
* Search for handles (and DLLs and mapped files)
* Close handles
* (32-bit only) Set handle attributes - Protected and Inherit
* Granted access of handles can be viewed symbolically instead of plain hex numbers
* View detailed object properties when supported
* View and edit object security descriptors
* View a list of all services
* Create services
* Start, stop, pause, continue or delete services
* Edit service properties
* View and edit service security descriptors
* View a list of network connections
* Close network connections
2010-11-02 Process Hacker 2.8 released
New / Improved
* Better service list (including column selection)
* Added Peak Handles
* Process tree sorting is now preserved
* Save works for services and network connections
* Pausing now works correctly with the Network tab
* Added option to display inclusive CPU usages for
* Added CLR tab to peview
* Added ability to destroy heaps
* Improved process tree list appearance
* Certain command line parameters are now propagated
* Icon handling bugs
* Memory leaks
* Extended tooltips for WOW64 processes
Download Process Hacker 2.8