Images "break" in Internet Explorer Beta 9.0.8027.6000

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 aftas

aftas

Neowinian

Posted 07 December 2010 - 15:07

Hey

There is a annoying bug in the latest leaked IE9 where a site breaks especifically its images dont appear. I believe it is the HTML/CSS code behind it because it renders the space where it suppose to be but the image doesnt appear. Any quickfix (besides closing and opening IE)?

#2 strelok1911

strelok1911

Neowinian

Posted 07 December 2010 - 15:15

Yes, it's called use a stable browser.

#3 Subject Delta

Subject Delta

Father...it's me, Eleanor

Posted 07 December 2010 - 15:17

Hey

There is a annoying bug in the latest leaked IE9 where a site breaks especifically its images dont appear. I believe it is the HTML/CSS code behind it because it renders the space where it suppose to be but the image doesnt appear. Any quickfix (besides closing and opening IE)?

Tried clearing your cache?

#4 Haaa-Choo

Haaa-Choo

Take a swing, please do.

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 07 December 2010 - 15:17

no fixes as far as I know, rather try to do a bug report to MS

#5 e-berlin.org

e-berlin.org

Posted 07 December 2010 - 15:30

6000 is full of bugs, uninstall and install 16406

#6 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 08 December 2010 - 19:47

Maybe I'm visiting the wrong sites or something but I've never seen this happen. Do you have a link to a site as an example?

6000 is full of bugs, uninstall and install 16406

It's been working fine for me compared to the official beta, maybe I just don't notice the bugs you're talking about.

#7 Grope for Luna

Grope for Luna

Erotic Vulture

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:21

The official beta has the same problem. There's no site in particular where it happens; it just stops loading images on all new tabs after using the browser for a while (a while being from 10 minutes to 10 hours). I use an IE shell (Sleipnir) so I don't know how often it happens using the regular IE interface.

#8 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:07

The official beta has the same problem. There's no site in particular where it happens; it just stops loading images on all new tabs after using the browser for a while (a while being from 10 minutes to 10 hours). I use an IE shell (Sleipnir) so I don't know how often it happens using the regular IE interface.

I have IE open 24/7 and haven't run accross a time where it doesn't load images at all. Seems odd to me.

#9 A.Gabri

A.Gabri

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4s

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:37

Hey

is it working in other versions of IE ?

cause i had similar problem the images didn`t show up in IE6,7,8 while in other browsers it worked , i found that the Client sent me images saved using CMYK not RGB and after fixing that it worked in IE.

#10 Franz Passler

Franz Passler

Neowinian

Posted 04 January 2011 - 15:23

I have this bug too :angry:

#11 Grope for Luna

Grope for Luna

Erotic Vulture

Posted 10 February 2011 - 22:38

Still not fixed in the RC!! :angry:

#12 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: HTC One S

Posted 10 February 2011 - 22:39

Neowin's devs have said before that they do not support beta or pre release browsers, so if there are bugs it's because of that.

P.S. I don't get this.

#13 shouck

shouck

Me

Posted 10 February 2011 - 22:50

I've been having this issue since I installed the first public IE9 beta. The leaked refresh also did it. I just installed RC today, and I haven't had it happen yet. It usually happens if IE has been open for quite a while without closing (leave at least 1 tab/window open), open a bunch of pages (browsing a few hours a day for multiple days), then all of a sudden, bam. No images.

Only way to fix it, like said, is to close ALL IE tabs/windows, and start over. Lately, I've gotten so used to it, that when it happens, I just do a "close all tabs" then open it back up, and then Reopen Last Browsing Session, and everything works again for a few days. I rarely reboot.

#14 Grope for Luna

Grope for Luna

Erotic Vulture

Posted 10 February 2011 - 23:39

Neowin's devs have said before that they do not support beta or pre release browsers, so if there are bugs it's because of that.

P.S. I don't get this.

The problem isn't with Neowin specifically. Images for ALL sites stop loading. They are being downloaded, just not displayed.

#15 shouck

shouck

Me

Posted 11 February 2011 - 16:13

Here's an example of what it looks like. It has now happened to me on the RC.

Attached Images

• No_Pics.jpg

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!