Definitive Best Antivirus 2011

Definitive Best Antivirus 2011  

724 members have voted

1. 1. Your Choice? (see Continued, below)

• Agnitum AV/Outpost
    • Alwil Avast!
    • Arcabit ArcaVir
    • AVG
    • Avira Antivir
    • Beijing Rising AV/Internet Security/PC Doctor
    • Bullguard AV/Internet Security
    • CheckPoint ZoneAlarm/AV/Internet Securit
    • ClamWin
    • Computer Associates
    • Comodo AV/Internet Security
    • Dr. Web (Dialogue Science) AV
    • Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Online Armour
    • ESET NOD32/Smart Security
    • F-Secure
    • Frisk F-PROT
    • G Data AV/Interet Security
    • Hauri ViRobot
    • Kaspersky AV/Internet Security
    • ** Not on this list, see below **
  2. 2. Your choice? (continued)

• McAfee
    • Microsoft Forefront/Security Essentials
    • MWTI eScan
    • Norman AV/Security Suite
    • Panda AV/Internet Security
    • Softwin BitDefender
    • Sophos
    • SUPERAntiSpyware
    • Symantec/PC Tools/Norton
    • Trend Micro
    • VirusBlokAda VBA32
    • Lavasoft Ad-Aware
    • Other (please specify)
    • ** Not on this list, see above **

Question

If you don't want to pay another 50$ for a license, go with Microsoft Security Essentials.

It is hands down the best free solution available.

EDIT: Also, see our yearly poll. It should fairly accurately represent the majority of our (mostly professional) opinions.

• Like 3

Don't pay for an antivirus, it's not worth it in my opinion, go for either Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast Free. They're both good and meet most people's needs.

as far as the best ive seen is AVAST!, i tried MS's stuff, and even AVG, LOVE avast, esp the boot scan, i know its not the only one that has it, but overal i like the program. Doesnt use very much memory, never had any probs, where as AVG was getting intrusive like Norton does, and just over all best ive seen! :blush:

I don't want to pay more for a lisense but I recomend you:

.F-Prot

.McAfee

.NOD32

.Norton

Imagine System

The best life ever for each other protected.

I agree with technical Assistance. when you buy a antivirus you receive the protection assisted remotelly inside. AVG seems as something too, I don't know about the living machine but it looks good.

Anti-V?rus Programs is a question of control. I keep with Nod 32, Norton, F-prot and McAfee in the old times... For now something is rolling about AVG, Kaspersky have something, Microsoft is obsecated, The framework is killing himself Experience... MSE is a way. I'm satisfied with the control center firewall from Microsoft.

My Opinion is XP quoted

My personal opinion is that you don't need paid AV for a personal/home computer, I did it for years and it was a total waste. There are too many solid and free alternatives out nowadays to make it worth it.

I personally use and recommend MSE. I switched from AVG a few years back since it was getting slow and bloated. Still very happy with the switch.

If you read reviews, past and current, you will find there really is no best.

What you will find is that there are those, both paid for, and ones that offer free versions, that constantly rank in the top 5 to 10.

Many will suggest giving several different ones a try. One at a time of course. See which one seems` to suit your PC\you the best.

If you read reviews, past and current, you will find there really is no best.

What you will find is that there are those, both paid for, and ones that offer free versions, that constantly rank in the top 5 to 10.

Many will suggest giving several different ones a try. One at a time of course. See which one seems` to suit your PC\you the best.

but if you are looking for paid version of any software so i recommended you Safe Eyes

and here is an antivirus software coupon site i am giving you link for Safe Eyes

Safe Eyes coupons

You'll get a lot of different opinions here.

I have been with NOD32 for years now, but my licence is due in April, so I'll be moving to Microsoft Security Essentials, as it works well on my other PC and is free.

• Like 2

Avast Free or MSE. if you need features that the free one's don't have then go the paid way but as far as i am concerned. a free av is just as good as a pay one, except the pay ones may have or may not more features that you may need.

I don't want to pay more for a lisense but I recomend you:

.F-Prot

.McAfee

.NOD32

.Norton

Imagine System

The best life ever for each other protected.

Don't use Mcafee, until they make changes to their software like Norton did this antivirus will slow your system to a crawl.

Personally I use Nod32, easy on resources and gets the job done.

If you're looking for more than anti-virus, Comodo offers a free Internet security suite, although I had some problems with false-positives and firewall rules not working correctly.

I had Kaspersky, but they killed it saying it was being used on too many machines.

I sent an email explaining I never shared my key, but they didn't care, so now I HATE Kaspersky

Now I'm not useing any anti-virus, but I do have AdMuncher :punk: and NoScript for firefox which together are probably better than any anti-virus anyways.

Well I may have fixed the issue. When I was doing something in FF, suddenly it crashed, and in that brief moment, KIS showed me a message about untreated malware, so I scanned the FF folder and confirmed this to be true, however, it would not remove the offending file(s) so I manually removed them. It was masquerading as a FF extension, but all that was in the folder was a dll

Avast Home Free is all anyone should ever need.. then I'd go with MSE but it's been known to be odd on some systems.

I don't see the point in paying for a AV when these two are free.