• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,752 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 18 February 2011 - 22:24

Doesn't that go against the point of a solar keyboard? Would be way more efficient to just charge it from the mains.

It would be fine if it wasn't the fact that my room is crap for natural light.

#47 what

what

Neowinian Senior

• 7,511 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 19:25

It would be fine if it wasn't the fact that my room is crap for natural light.

Surely it would have made more sense to go for the Illuminated Keyboard or something instead then? O_o

#48 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,752 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 19 February 2011 - 19:32

Surely it would have made more sense to go for the Illuminated Keyboard or something instead then? O_o

I won it in the Neowin competition :p

#49 what

what

Neowinian Senior

• 7,511 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 19:56

I won it in the Neowin competition :p

Fair play :whistle:

#50 Another Canuck

Another Canuck

David

• 956 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 21:22

Woot, Future Shop and Best Buy are now selling the K750 in Canada. Just went and got one :) $89.99 CAD.

#51 vetbangbang023

bangbang023

Silent Veteran

• 36,192 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 21:27

Just don't turn off the keyboard? I keep mine on all the time and it's never dipped below 100%

#52 Phrift

Phrift

Neowinian

• 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 13:16

Great review by the OP. I also read a review of the K750 here, which was pretty glowing... as is pretty much everything I've seen about this keyboard online.

Looks really slick and tempted to take the plunge, but that reviewer does mention the Enter key is a bit small... any K750 users had beef with that?

I guess it's a subjective thing, probably anyway, although I worry that my current MS keyboard I'm used to has a massive chunky return key! And it might be a bit of a shock...

#53 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 13:28

Woot, Future Shop and Best Buy are now selling the K750 in Canada. Just went and got one :) $89.99 CAD.

Pretty expensive for what's basically a standard keyboard.

#54 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,670 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 16:15

I'll admit, I'm not interested in this product, nor did I read the whole review (just looked at the pictures. But the fact you've recorded what the keys sound like when typing makes this THE best ever review. I always like to know what the keyboard sounds like before I buy it, can't stand noisy keys grr

#55 OP mrk

mrk

www.robbiekhan.co.uk

• 4,390 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 14:41

Hehe Thanks!

I tried to cover all grounds really. Many times I have rad reviews on websites and wondered why they didn't test/show X Y or Z.

I've just received the G700 wireless gaming mouse so stay tuned for the review some time tomorrow on that :)

#56 HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma

Professional Hoochie™

• 8,836 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:40

Just don't turn off the keyboard? I keep mine on all the time and it's never dipped below 100%

The manual says it charges even if its off. (Y)

#57 Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• 6,845 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 16:33

I think the Caps Lock key is long overdue to be removed TBH. I don't know anyone who relies on its use day in day out and can imagine the only people who will need it are the always angry and need to vent their spleen on the internet :p

Everyone else can just hold SHIFT to type a word in CAPS!

Unless you have to type a lot in capitals for titles and such ;)

Very good review though.
Plenty of pictures, not too boring and you highlight negatives about it too.

I'll probably be aiming to get this keyboard next.
One question though, how does the spacing between the keys hold out? Is it comfortable or not?

Pretty expensive for what's basically a standard keyboard.

That's what is putting me off right now. £63 for a keyboard :/ Hmm.

#58 segreto

segreto

Neowinian

• 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 23:10

Nice review! When you have time, can you please post a high resolution photo of the keyboard from the top??

Not like this Posted Image

but like this: Posted Image

Only bigger?? not resized:)

One more question... Have you ever tried the logitech k800 illuminated? It looks good but does not have separate keys like the k750!
wich one do you suggest??

I'm not so sure about the solar power of k750... The rechargeable battery inside is a standard type battery? I mean... If I accidentally broke the solar panel, I can use a regular battery instead (even if it doesn't recharge anymore?

Thanks a lot! :)

#59 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,526 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:33

^I've had the K800 and I wasn't able to use it at all. After typing 5 keys it lagged and it would look like the key got stuck. I've tried it on a different PC and even a laptop, same things happened. So if I where you, I'd go for either the K750 or the wired version of the K800: Illuminated Keyboard.

Logitech was kind enough to let me swap the K800 with the Illuminated Keyboard. As in swap I mean; sent me a new keyboard for free. I've still got the K800 laying around, doing nothing :p

Too bad though as the K800 is a really nice keyboard. It types really great and the buttons feel great too. It's the 2nd wireless keyboard by Logitech that I've had lag problems with. First time for me was with the MX5000 set which I had then swapped for a MX3100 set.

So yeah, if you have the choice, I'd go for either the K750 or the wired Illuminated Keyboard :)

#60 segreto

segreto

Neowinian

• 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 22:19

^I've had the K800 and I wasn't able to use it at all. After typing 5 keys it lagged and it would look like the key got stuck. I've tried it on a different PC and even a laptop, same things happened. So if I where you, I'd go for either the K750 or the wired version of the K800: Illuminated Keyboard.

Logitech was kind enough to let me swap the K800 with the Illuminated Keyboard. As in swap I mean; sent me a new keyboard for free. I've still got the K800 laying around, doing nothing :p

Too bad though as the K800 is a really nice keyboard. It types really great and the buttons feel great too. It's the 2nd wireless keyboard by Logitech that I've had lag problems with. First time for me was with the MX5000 set which I had then swapped for a MX3100 set.

=) so if you don't use the k800 send it to me! =)

Just kidding! But... Damn... I was so actracted by the k800! it looks very great! But if you say it had lag problems...

And what about the illuminated wired? How is the feel of buttons? It's the same of k800? or different?

I'll use it for games but not MMORPGS, so i'll onli need a keyboard without the WASD maiusc space ctrl gosting....

I read that the wired illuminated had problems for this! Do you experienced some?

So yeah, if you have the choice, I'd go for either the K750 or the wired Illuminated Keyboard :)

Lol... My doubt remains! Now wich one? They booth look great! =)