Windows app store screenshot

Windows applications store has become a shot sketches, from the two screenshots we can see include the application show, application store, downloads, gifts, etc. Below is a screenshot:

IMG1.png

IMG2.png

If Microsoft did do an App Store for Windows, one would hope they wouldn't blatantly copy the iTunes/Mac App Store layout. ;)

Thank god, I thought I was the only one seeing that! :laugh:

Yeah, that's why I'm calling this a fake. Not the idea (since Wanderermy has pointed out that there is something in the works), but the screenshots.

and the "Efficiency" category ... not the mention Chess, FreeCell and Mahjong.

the three games mentioned are the premium versions with special effects, they require at least 1GB of VRAM and don't run on Windows Starter.

You have NOT heard of it?

Glassed Silver:mac

the three games mentioned are the premium versions with special effects, they require at least 1GB of VRAM and don't run on Windows Starter.

You have NOT heard of it?

Glassed Silver:mac

Nope.

I think that any Windows 8 app store design would match closelly with what MS has going on the Zune softwares client marketplace, with a few added things for downloads and so on. Wrap that metro style UI inside a native Windows 8 UI window etc and that's probably what you'll end up with I'd say.

I'm calling BS on those screenshots for three reasons:

1. Wouldn't using menus go against the design of the Windows UI

2. Office 2010 wouldn't be in an "Efficiency" category, it would be in the "Productivity" category

3. Where is the description of WLE/Messenger in the second "screenshot".

Also, if these are "screenshots" why is the background white with no wallpaper.

I love the idea that your apps and settings follow you, but I wonder if that only counts for apps you buy/install through the app store? Can't wait till PDC or whatever MS event they decide to finally talk about this at happens. If you can reinstall the OS or upgrade/clean install a new OS and then just regrab your apps and settings with one click then that would be a huge step up.

The font smoothing isn't the same as Windows inside the window itself.

It looks like a photoshop job.

There's no reason for it to have a menu bar.

It looks unprofessional.

All-in-all it's really unconvincing. Which I'm not surprised. 99.9% of all fakes aren't convincing at all.

So why does Microsoft need Windows App Store? Apple App Store along with iTunes is the biggest pile of **** i have seen in my life. Why follow stupid Apple?

• Who said Microsoft is following Apple. Steam was the first service that proved the model was successful
  • Microsoft would take a cut
  • App stores sell software, and get software out to users who would otherwise be unable to find it - a win for the service provider, the developer and users
  • You're telling me that having to manually download, install, update and register (if paid software) is better than having a service manage all of that in one place is better? It's not the mid 90's anymore.
  • Valve (Steam) and Apple make a metric f**k ton a money providing these services, so why wouldn't Microsoft want go down the same path?