Which Smart Android phone should I go for

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 ManMountain

ManMountain

Neowinian

• Phone: LG Nexus 5

Posted 05 February 2011 - 22:41

Running my Samsung Galaxy S rooted with 2.2.1 installed. It's a great phone, one of the best Android phones and I'd heartily recommend it :)

#17 Singh400

Singh400

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 February 2011 - 22:44

Anything released in '10 should be fine. I personally own a Desire and love it. There are good offerings from Samsung. I picked up a San Francisco last week for my sister, and that too is great. Amazing phone for the price you get it at!

#18 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 05 February 2011 - 22:59

Well, out of the two, the Galaxy S is the better phone, but if the model you'd get doesn't have a flash, and that's important to you, then the choice is clear. I have a Captivate, one of the models without a flash, and it is a little bit of a pain in the ass, but lets be honest, camera phone pics with flash look like **** anyway, so the only thing you're really missing out on is a handy flashlight, which WOULD be nice.

But you would be a bit silly to buy a phone now. Wait a couple of months and all the new phones will be out and you can either pick from them, or pick one of these at a reduced price.

#19 +bomberh

bomberh

Neowinian

Posted 05 February 2011 - 23:12

Galaxy S is a good phone. :yes:

#20 Billus

Billus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 February 2011 - 23:27

I haven't found the need for flash for my Galaxy S. It takes pretty damn good natural looking photos and top quality videos in darkened areas such as nightclubs, bars and gigs. Flash on phones always makes peoples faces shine like the moon. The only real need for flash I'd say is for areas with zero light and if you desperately need to use your phone as a torch. The DHD is a good phone, no doubt, but battery life really suffers. The Galaxy S has terrific battery life. Either way, you can't go wrong with either phone. Play with both in a shop and see which one you prefer.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!