XDA Brews Up Patch for Latest Wave of Malware

This malware thing is really starting to get annoying. Thankfully, the good folks at XDA feel the same way and they?ve cooked up a quick patch for all Android 2.2 and lower devices. The patch is reportedly the same one Google baked into Gingerbread and the one that OEMs and carriers may have included in recent security updates.

What it does exactly wasn?t said, but the end-result is supposed to protect you from the massive list of deceitful applications that carry the trojan. Some of those include applications from the following list:

* Falling Down

* Super Guitar Solo

* Super History Eraser

* Photo Editor

* Super Ringtone Maker

* Super Sex Positions

* Hot Sexy Videos

* Chess

* ????_Falldown

* Hilton Sex Sound

* Screaming Sexy Japanese Girls

* Falling Ball Dodge

* Scientific Calculator

* Dice Roller

* ????

* Advanced Currency Converter

* App Uninstaller

* ????_PewPew

* Funny Paint

* Spider Man

* ???

All of these applications are from myournet

I imagine this is only for rooted users, though, as the patch is issued in the form of a .zip file and is to be flashed through your device?s recovery. Get more information and all the goods you?ll need over at XDA?s forums now. [Thanks Kelmar!]

http://phandroid.com/2011/03/02/xda-brews-up-patch-for-latest-wave-of-malware/

The patch is reportedly the same one Google baked into Gingerbread...
Dammit, Google keeps making me hungry!

This is one of the things I love about the Android OS though. The community can come together to help one another against this kind of thing. (Y)

Dammit, Google keeps making me hungry!

This is one of the things I love about the Android OS though. The community can come together to help one another against this kind of thing. (Y)

Indeed! Those guys at XDA do a pretty fine job. :)