Malwarebytes Wants You!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 +hayc59

hayc59

VoodØØ Child™

• 2,289 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:56

"Eye of the Tiger" plays whenever you sit down at your computer. (We would also have accepted the finale from Beethoven's Ninth and "O Fortuna". And possibly, with some convincing, "Don't Stop Believing".) Nothing can stop you: when you're faced with a problem you don't give up until you've beaten it. You are a veteran security programmer, a self-taught hobbyist, or someone in between who just thinks malware is Ivan Drago from Rocky IV and wants to take that !@*?#er down.

Malwarebytes wants you.

We're not humble: although we're a team of only a few former hobbyists / community volunteers, we have over 30 million users worldwide, and some of the best detection and removal rates in the anti-malware industry. We know that a small group of talented, committed individuals can change the world. We're creative, we're crazy, we think outside the box, and we currently have more good ideas than we have people to help us make them happen.

Come to work with us and you will immediately be in the center of our development effort, writing code that over 30 million computers around the world will run

More Info:
http://forums.malwar...=0

#2 P!P

P!P

73695 of.. a lot

• 2,923 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:10

I would love to be a programmer for MBAM. I use it several times a day. Hopefully they can find some good programmers to keep MBAM as great as it is.

#3 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• 3,493 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3 (Wicked)

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:28

Lets hope they hire somebody who knows how to make smaller updates. :ermm: 6MB updates are getting to be a bit much.

#4 I am Reid

I am Reid

Neowinian Senior

• 4,409 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:29

Lets hope they hire somebody who knows how to make smaller updates. :ermm: 6MB updates are getting to be a bit much.

not really

#5 omganinja

omganinja

Neowinian

• 1,161 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:43

Wait... It's 1995?

#6 alexalex

alexalex

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:50

I hope someone will figure a portable version.

#7 P!P

P!P

73695 of.. a lot

• 2,923 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:55

Wait... It's 1995?

Actually he's got a point. MBAM downloads the entire definitions file when it updates. They release several updates a day. It's not a bandwidth issue for most end users but that seems like a huge amount of wasted bandwidth on MBAM's side when the updates are 6MB each time versus 10-20KB.

#8 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• 3,891 posts
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:00

i think i just downloaded 6MB while typing this!

#9 omganinja

omganinja

Neowinian

• 1,161 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:01

Actually he's got a point. MBAM downloads the entire definitions file when it updates. They release several updates a day. It's not a bandwidth issue for most end users but that seems like a huge amount of wasted bandwidth on MBAM's side when the updates are 6MB each time versus 10-20KB.

Apple do the exact same thing with firmware updates, its just a tidier way of doing things.