Mozilla Firefox 4.0 - Final

I haven't paid much attention to Fx4, but it seems like font rendering has changed. Am I imagining things or are they more blurry and "unfocused" for you as well?

That's the hardware acceleration. It'll happen in IE9 when not using compatibility mode too. I believe it's related to some kind of DirectWrite bug that Microsoft has to fix.

thats right looks somehow like office 2007 main menu interface

Yes. They had said that Firefox 4 UI will be inspired by the Windows 7 UI paradigm (Scenic Ribbon).

That's the hardware acceleration. It'll happen in IE9 when not using compatibility mode too. I believe it's related to some kind of DirectWrite bug that Microsoft has to fix.

I see, thanks. I guess I will just have to put up with it for now.

I can change the Interface from 4.0 to 2.0 look? and about the plugins? It still are working as TabMix and Features like IE tab and NoScript? What 3.0 is missing for this?

i don't get all this font complaining? Everything looks fine to me.

Not for you, perhaps. It is a bit blurry to me (on Facebook)

sshot1ny.jpg

is the 64bit final too?

There are nightlies of firefox 4 64bit... so logically they should market or at least offer it. yes?

Not until Firefox 5. :p

evil mozilla.

i guess the book of mozilla was not kidding :(

ok thanks, even though i think its stupid as ****

There are nightlies of firefox 4 64bit... so logically they should market or at least offer it. yes?

no, the whole reason they have not released an official 64bit version is because

1. it is still very buggy

2. there is not yet much plugin support for it/ add-on support

Tried this out today, it seemed really fast but I don't know if I see myself ever switching back from Chrome. Up until about a year ago I still had it in my mind that I would go back to Firefox once they got their act together. But now, I don't think I could give up Google's in-browser sync (even though Firefox has a similar feature) and the TweetDeck Chrome app.

I know that many are going to call me ingrate after all the time and effort the Mozilla team put on this release, but I think I'll stick 3.6 for a while until someone comes up with a theme that makes it look better. In my opinion it looks damn ugly, way too simplistic and for what I read here it's still buggy.

I recorded a quick video to show various pages loading one after the other with both browsers side by side.

I think the main thing to note is app launch times. I don't have an SSD but FF4 took slightly longer to cold load than Chrome did although there's not much in it. Maybe the time it took to load you could scratch "a" ball instead of both balls I don't know but you'd have to have some small balls :p

(still processing but be sure to watch in 1080p :p)

What people are complaining about, isn't a bug, it's on purpose (it's called sub-pixel positioning)

Not for you, perhaps. It is a bit blurry to me (on Facebook)

sshot1ny.jpg

This on the other hand, is a bug. It shouldn't look anything like this (You're not using something like GDI++ or so? They could mess with things. Also, try updating your graphics drivers)

This on the other hand, is a bug. It shouldn't look anything like this (You're not using something like GDI++ or so? They could mess with things. Also, try updating your graphics drivers)

Hm don't even know what GDI++ is, so I guess the answer is no. Now..the problem is, this is what it looks like on my Windows XP machine at work (it's still using GeForce FX5200 or something so that might be the culprit too)