Mozilla Firefox 4.0 - Final

I recorded a quick video to show various pages loading one after the other with both browsers side by side.

I think the main thing to note is app launch times. I don't have an SSD but FF4 took slightly longer to cold load than Chrome did although there's not much in it. Maybe the time it took to load you could scratch "a" ball instead of both balls I don't know but you'd have to have some small balls :p

(still processing but be sure to watch in 1080p :p)

Thanks for posting that! I'm strangely fascinated by it, cause I sadly didn't install Windows 7 yet. I'm jealous of anyone that has it. I watched it in awe.

What why doesn't Fx 4 have Save and Close option anymore. :crazy:

It's in the options now more or less. Under 'General' where you set your homepage change the 'When firefox starts:' setting.

I'm loving the new version!! My only real complaint that I haven't seen anyone discuss: How come when you go to customize and click add a new toolbar, then place an icon on there, it never saves? I could spend all kinds of time creating a kickass toolbar, just for it to disappear when I restart Firefox. What's up with that? Why would they give us an option to add a new toolbar if it won't save?? That has to be a bug, right?

the RAM usage is a little more then FF3.6, however it's not getting any higher with me opening more tabs. it's usage is more stable. The page fault delta is lower by 500-600. Notice way less disk grinding....

23 tabs open @ 615MB RAM and 524MB Commit.

highest PF delta going on now is 15,500 while opening a group of 5 tabs. average PF delta is 450.

Oh rearry?

iGUhw.png

M1eiU.png

the RAM usage is a little more then FF3.6, however it's not getting any higher with me opening more tabs. it's usage is more stable. The page fault delta is lower by 500-600. Notice way less disk grinding....

23 tabs open @ 615MB RAM and 524MB Commit.

highest PF delta going on now is 15,500 while opening a group of 5 tabs. average PF delta is 450.

They fixed the memory leak.

I'm loving the new version!! My only real complaint that I haven't seen anyone discuss: How come when you go to customize and click add a new toolbar, then place an icon on there, it never saves? I could spend all kinds of time creating a kickass toolbar, just for it to disappear when I restart Firefox. What's up with that? Why would they give us an option to add a new toolbar if it won't save?? That has to be a bug, right?

that's gotta be something on your end, most likely something wonky with your profile

html5 support and flash works fine. PDF you can just get foxit if you're tired of adobe.

Is there a permanent way to have bigger toolbar icons? Usually they are too small, but then when I go to customize they will appear big sometimes and stay that way til I restart Firefox. I think it's because of the theme I'm using, Strata Reloaded 2.6.6. Either that, or a possible conflict with the extension Toolbar Buttons. Is there an extension, or stylish to make the toolbar icons like say medium sized? Let me know. Thanks! Here's a screenshot. I want them to stay like this. http://www.fileserve.com/file/nWcTSrJ

Came back to Firefox after being on Chrome for a while now. The speed honestly is on par. I can't tell a significant difference between Chrome and Firefox anymore.

Is there a permanent way to have bigger toolbar icons? Usually they are too small, but then when I go to customize they will appear big sometimes and stay that way til I restart Firefox. I think it's because of the theme I'm using, Strata Reloaded 2.6.6. Either that, or a possible conflict with the extension Toolbar Buttons. Is there an extension, or stylish to make the toolbar icons like say medium sized? Let me know. Thanks! Here's a screenshot. I want them to stay like this. http://www.fileserve.com/file/nWcTSrJ

Nobody knows how to make toolbar icons bigger? I've searched through so many stylish pages looking for an answer. I guess it's more complicated than I thought.