Gmail Notifier Plus 2.3 RC2

I complain because you never asked me if you could release a modified version of my application. You only asked for the source because it would make your life easier instead of using reflector. And now I see that Gmail Notifier Plus is a Shellscape Software. Very cool indeed.

You think what I did is not cool? What if I "disappeared of the face of the planet" for personal reasons?

Your argument is moot at this point. And furthermore your copyrights are still present in the app. Stop whining and fork the source if you want to, I don't care, that's why it's open source now. Release your 6+ month old version under the same name, I don't care. The code is out there for people to use, extend and enjoy. People who benefit from it are better off than they were 6 months ago. And for Pete's sake stop trolling the threads for the app. If you want to continue to debate the matter, take it private.

@billou95 Not sure what you're asking for there. If you click the middle thumbnail button in the preview that'll take you to the inbox. If you have mail and you click the preview thumbnail itself, that'll take you to that message specifically.

@cabrote Please post your issue on GitHub. The link to do that is in the OP. I'll address the problem there. (Thanks in advance)

You think what I did is not cool? What if I "disappeared of the face of the planet" for personal reasons?

How does that change the fact that you deserted the program? He made it open source, take his code and build atop it if you really care that much, I honestly doubt andrew_ will mind even the slightest. I doubt he is finishing the program you deserted for anything but the simple fact that it was UNFINISHED.

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like to suggest adding an option for hiding the taskbar text.

I prefer to have my taskbar set to "Never combine" however that makes this program take up a little too much space.

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like to suggest adding an option for hiding the taskbar text.

I prefer to have my taskbar set to "Never combine" however that makes this program take up a little too much space.

Unfortunately that's not the intended function of the app. It's centered around using the new taskbar features in win7 for notifications, previews, etc. We've added the toast and tray stuff to help folks out who run with the smaller taskbar, but that's about as far as I'm willing to deviate from the core functionality.

As always, feel completely free to fork the source on GitHub, add the features you're looking for, and submit a pull request.

I don't use this feature personally, but when looking around the program I got an error with the "Use this account for mailto: links". I've posted the error on Github.

Why would you disable combine? I can't imagine going backwards in time with the UI in windows.

Any chance of developing something similar for OS X?

Anything is possible, I suppose. But I don't know if you've fully considered the question:

OSX has a vastly different interface and that includes task management.

GNP was written to take advantage of the superbar and it's live preview capabilities.

GNP uses the superbar's preview capabilities. I've not seen anything similar on OSX.

OSX has no superbar. It's closest relative is the dock and the notification area t the top similar to Windows' system tray.

OSX isn't Windows and hence, won't run the .NET library out of the box. It would have to use Mono, or native Object C, and would look vastly different.

If someone stood up and had ideas for developing this for OSX, I'd be all for it. An OSX branch would be swell. I might even help out with it, as I use OSX sometimes for work (I run windows on my macbook. Yay for blasphemy)

I apologize for not going through the many threads, but does this tool support GMail's two step verification process?

I used an earlier version of Notifier Plus and it broke when I switched to 2 step verification.

thanks.

I apologize for not going through the many threads, but does this tool support GMail's two step verification process?

I used an earlier version of Notifier Plus and it broke when I switched to 2 step verification.

thanks.

I wasn't aware of a two step process. I'll have a look into the process and see if there can be anything done to support it. It's probably a safe bet that it doesn't work with the two step process at this point.

I wasn't aware of a two step process. I'll have a look into the process and see if there can be anything done to support it. It's probably a safe bet that it doesn't work with the two step process at this point.

This is the key info page on the 2 step verification in regards to applications accessing the Google account:

http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=1056283&topic=1056286

thanks for looking into it.

Been a busy April. Finally getting time to fix bugs and such. I'll keep everyone posted.

Just a reminder, if you'd like to submit fixes, the app IS open source and I'd welcome contributions.

Andrew_ thanks for your program.

I use the last version of net framework 4 + all winupdates in 28-04-2011. Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Gmail notifier plus v2.2.5003.2330

When click over:

Use Account For mailto: Links

I get this error message:

[Window Title]

Gmail Notifier Plus Error

[Main Instruction]

An unhandled exception occurred:

[Content]

Error ID: a9cd24b3-1105-417a-b985-74d3772f5909

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[Expanded Information]

at GmailNotifierPlus.Controls.AccountPanel.RegisterMailto() in N:\Git\Gmail-Notifier-Plus\Application\Controls\AccountPanel.cs:line 194

at GmailNotifierPlus.Controls.AccountPanel._CheckMailto_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in N:\Git\Gmail-Notifier-Plus\Application\Controls\AccountPanel.cs:line 468

at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_CheckState(CheckState value)

at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

[^] Ocultar detalles [Aceptar]

[Footer]

Please Click Here to automagically report the issue.

Press CTL + C to copy this error to the clipboard.

Andrew_ thanks for your program.

I use the last version of net framework 4 + all winupdates in 28-04-2011. Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Gmail notifier plus v2.2.5003.2330

When click over:

Use Account For mailto: Links

I get this error message:

[Window Title]

Gmail Notifier Plus Error

[Main Instruction]

An unhandled exception occurred:

[Content]

Error ID: a9cd24b3-1105-417a-b985-74d3772f5909

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[Expanded Information]

at GmailNotifierPlus.Controls.AccountPanel.RegisterMailto() in N:\Git\Gmail-Notifier-Plus\Application\Controls\AccountPanel.cs:line 194

at GmailNotifierPlus.Controls.AccountPanel._CheckMailto_CheckedChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in N:\Git\Gmail-Notifier-Plus\Application\Controls\AccountPanel.cs:line 468

at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.set_CheckState(CheckState value)

at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.CheckBox.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

[^] Ocultar detalles [Aceptar]

[Footer]

Please Click Here to automagically report the issue.

Press CTL + C to copy this error to the clipboard.

he wants errors reported in github https://github.com/shellscape/Gmail-Notifier-Plus/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&_pjax=true&state=open

So help me out here..

I closed the original GMN from running, and opened this 2.3RC2 and it doesn't do anything. It doesn't ask me to add my account and I cant right-click on it.

cool it is the best notifier i've found.

please could you do an option to open an mail client such as thunderbird or outlook instead of opening googlemail or gmail in the browser. That would be great, because in my opinion the browser based mail managment isn't that good at all.

Thanks

cool it is the best notifier i've found.

please could you do an option to open an mail client such as thunderbird or outlook instead of opening googlemail or gmail in the browser. That would be great, because in my opinion the browser based mail managment isn't that good at all.

Thanks

Feel free to fork the project on GitHub and add that feature. I'll be happy to look at all pull requests.

Feel free to fork the project on GitHub and add that feature. I'll be happy to look at all pull requests.

Oh sorry, I can't do the programming job, because I'm not really into programming. :unsure:

But if you could implement this feature, it would be great.

Oh sorry, I can't do the programming job, because I'm not really into programming. :unsure:

But if you could implement this feature, it would be great.

Don't worry, andrew_ seems to think everyone can perform coding :p

Not really. That's what I love about open source though. I don't have to implement or argue every requested feature. If it's something I would use, I can add it. If it's something I wouldn't, someone else can pick up the slack and implement what they want/need.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but when you have multiple unread emails, the newest is on the bottom of the list, & the older unread is on the top. I'm just used to seeing the newest email at the top of the list. I believe this is how it was in the original version.