Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Official] ARMA 3

81 posts in this topic

Posted

I have one lite I can give away.

Posted

Some info about new Fog system we just added to Arma 3 Alpha (development branch)

3 people like this

Posted

I'm gonna need a new graphics card :/

1 person likes this

Posted

I really need to get my SLI setup going. Oh how I hate being poor.

The new fog looks good, and it will drive the visual goodness up another notch even when I thought it couldn't get any better.

Posted

I would love an invite please.

Regards

Rob

Posted

I would love an invite please.

Regards

Rob

PM me with your mail used for steam, I'll send you my last one.

Posted

This is looking amazing.. I got the Deluxe Digital edition. I can't wait for servers to get up and we get closer to release.. this is going to be sick.

Posted

Can someone send an invite my way? Thanks.

Posted

I got a lite code (games cool, but it's a bit lame being the lite version) anyone out there got a full game serial for steam? I'd suck a dick for it lol.

Posted

Just heard, and tested, that opting in for the Dev Branch results in an "upgrade" to Beta, adding loads of new vehicles, weapons and a new army.

1 person likes this

Posted

Been playing with this all morning. New Heli`s Woohooo!

Posted

Dev build is a bit buggy for me. I'm finding it worse than the alpha. The new vehicles are great, but be sure to avoid trees... :|

Posted

To any who might be interested ArmA 3 has been given a release date - On the 12th of september the Game will roll out into stores across the world as told by BI themselves.

The interesting thing are that the Singleplayer Campaign will NOT be featured at launch, it will be added in 3 parts with the first part, Called Survive, due to be released within the first 4 weeks of the launch. The last two parts, Adapt and Win, will be released in the months after, no real deadline on those as of now. BI explains themselves in this post.

On the 10th BI held a live streaming event, giving a launch sneak preview. This can be found on their Youtube channel.

2 people like this

Posted

The Dev Build has just been updated with tanks, I don't know if it applies for the "standard" build yet.

Posted

The changelog for the new Dev Build.

04-09-2013

EXE rev. 09751
Size: ~810 MB
After this sizeable download - please consider checking file integrity in the Steam client and defragmenting non-SSD drives.

• Added: PDW SMG
  • Added: NVS optics (Image Intensification)
  • Added: Nightstalker optics (Image Intensification + Daytime + Thermal Imagery Amber)
  • Added: TWS optics (Daytime + Thermal Imagery White-Hot + Thermal Imagery Black-Hot)
  • Added: TWS MG optics (Daytime + Thermal Imagery White-Hot + Thermal Imagery Black-Hot)
  • Added: Static GMG variants (low, raised and autonomous)
  • Added: Static HMG variants (low, raised and autonomous)
  • Added: Static AA variants
  • Added: Static AT variants
  • Added: M2A1 Slammer tank
  • Added: T-100 Varsuk tank
  • Added: AFV-4 Gorgon wheeled APC
  • Added: IFV-6a Cheetah tracked IFV AA
  • Added: M4 Scorcher self-propelled artillery
  • Added: M5 Sandstorm MLRS
  • Added: 2S9 Sochor self-propelled artillery
  • Added: ZSU-39 Tigris tracked IFV AA
  • Added: CRV-6e Bobcat tracked engineering vehicle
  • Added: A 143 Buzzard jet fighter
  • Added: Truck variants
  • Added: SUV
  • Added: Hatchback variants
  • Added: Ship and boat variants
  • Added: FIA faction
  • Continued memory optimizations. Note that today
1 person likes this

Posted

New Dev Branch is available - Changelog availabe here as always.

Light shaft Technology implented.

Posted

So, if I'm not interested in that Steam crap, and want an actual box and DVD, where can I get this?  I'm in Canada, and it's not listed on EBGames, Best Buy, Future Shop or even Amazon.ca.

Posted

So, if I'm not interested in that Steam crap, and want an actual box and DVD, where can I get this?  I'm in Canada, and it's not listed on EBGames, Best Buy, Future Shop or even Amazon.ca.

You might aswell embrace Steam as it is required to play - Steam exclusive!

But I don't believe they have a north american distributor, so you would have to import the boxed version from a EU country.

Should you want the game anyway there are loads of sites selling keys including BI Studio.

Posted

I don't think they sell a boxed copy in America/Canada. Plus the game like PsychD said, requires steam. So even if they did a boxed copy. You'd still have to install steam and play through it.

Steam isn't just a digital download platform. SteamWorks allows developers to implement a lot of features into their games/software.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think they sell a boxed copy in America/Canada. Plus the game like PsychD said, requires steam. So even if they did a boxed copy. You'd still have to install steam and play through it.

Steam isn't just a digital download platform. SteamWorks allows developers to implement a lot of features into their games/software.

OK, I'll clarify...I don't mind having Steam installed for the game to work...but I don't want to have to *rely* on Steam to purchase/download a game.

I'm that guy who still buys CDs and DVDs.  :-)

Posted

OK, I'll clarify...I don't mind having Steam installed for the game to work...but I don't want to have to *rely* on Steam to purchase/download a game.

Then you have to buy the game in a European country., and have it sent over.

Posted

I'm the same. I still like a physical copy. Sadly though, unless you can import a copy from Europe. You won't be able to get hold of a physical copy.

Posted

I'm the same. I still like a physical copy. Sadly though, unless you can import a copy from Europe. You won't be able to get hold of a physical copy.

Are you and I all that's left of this market?  Are those sales not worth it to the publishers?  I have ArmA2, and the first ArmA, and OFP and its expansion packs before that, but I've skipped the expansion packs for ArmA2 because I couldn't get them on physical media.

Posted

Are you and I all that's left of this market?  Are those sales not worth it to the publishers?  I have ArmA2, and the first ArmA, and OFP and its expansion packs before that, but I've skipped the expansion packs for ArmA2 because I couldn't get them on physical media.

Connvienience comes first for many consumers, and it doesn't get much easier than Steam. And I guess no publishers saw a profit in selling ArmA 3 in North America.

I do understand them as DayZ will become/are Standalone and besides that it's a niche market - It doesn't appeal to the masses.